Enhancement Request - Favourites List (1 Viewer)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I often watch trailers and think wow, that movie looks cool, I want to either (a) watch that movie when it comes out (b) download that movie at a later date.

If I could press the context menu while on a specific trailer screen it could come up with the option "Add to Favourites", when adding to favourites I would get a sub menu saying "Download trailers for this movie" So I could either save it in a list with just the DVD cover and the details, or I could also save with that and the trailers stored locally.

In the main screen of my trailers under Featured: Just Added... etc.. there would be an option called favourites, I could browse this list just like all the other categories. If I click the info/context menu button I would get the options to either Remove this trailer from list, or download trailers for this movie (if trailers hadn't already been downloaded).

Additional features which could be incorporated into this idea.

(1) If you click favourite a movie and download the trailers, then if a new trailer becomes available for that movie then the user is notified and also that trailer is auto downloaded. I would imagine this would be implemented by the user seeing a little "NEW" icon next to favourites on the main page of my trailers. Or you could incorporate this into the basic home screen in streamedmp, just like how you can see latest my tv series, or latest moving pics.

(2) You could have some kinda notification telling a user when a movie that you have favourited is now available at the cinema. This could either be on the main my trailers screen, or it could be incorporated into infoservice, just like you can currently see the latest tv series and latest moving pics on the basichome page in streamedmp.

(3) The movies you have tagged in favourites could be used to have a dynamic category that shows trailers based on your pre-defined favourites, sorta like a suggestion feature. Not sure if this is possible as I'm not sure if the websites support this kinda of suggestion feature.

Regards

Kiwi

Posted to the issue tracker here:
    Issue 39 - mytrailers - Enhancement Request - Favourites List - Project Hosting on Google Code

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The favorite and download options your are talking about are already available in OnlineVideos, which uses the same engine for the itunes site as MyTrailers ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom