Enhancement request please - option to use Album Artist tag. (1 Viewer)

snickwad

Portal Member
May 26, 2008
Trowbridge
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi cul8er.

Great work here; in combination with Avalon/Avalonis, my HTPC is looking very slick :D

99% of the time, I get the results I require for scraped fanart for my music collection, however, I have not been able to tune it as far as albums with mixed/various artists where fanart does not exist.

Would it be possible to create a selectable option to fall back to looking for fanart based on the Album Artist tag if no Artist fanart exists. To clarify, I have ripped a number of Hed Kandi albums which have multiple artists. However, in order for my preferred sorting/music view to work, I have given all these an Album Artist tag of 'Hed Kandi', Artist tag populated per track.

So, in this example, I have missing Artist fanart, but I would like to create the appropriately named images based on the Album Artist and use these (i.e 'hed kandixx.jpg' etc), rather than having to search and create images for every artist that I don't have an image for.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again,

Ashley

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And what would happen for artists that have Songs in more than one album? Resulting in multiple possible Album Artist entries?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom