[DVD] Enhancement suggestion... (1 Viewer)

iAdMan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I think this is my first post in this forum, so let me start of by saying how very impressed I am with what the team is doing. I finally have a movie library product doing what I have wanted for years. So to all of the developers and the community that pitches in...Great Job!!!

I don't develop, and don't have any design skills, but am a decent marketer & strategist. So thought, in addition to a donation, I could contribute by suggesting a new feature or two for the team to consider.

So here are a few to start:

#1: In the video details for a DVD show the box office gross $$ when a film made the top 100 of all time, or top 200 etc. IMDB has a regular page that tracks this (top 435 actually)...It is an interesting factoid and movie goers would appreciate it.

#2: Consider the same with OSCAR award winners for 'Best Picture.' The academy awards website publishes a list and maintains it.

I think I have read some suggestions on number three, but how it works is more what I am suggesting:

#3: In Video or substitute plugins (i.e My Films, Moving Pictures, etc.) Parental controls, as follows: A default level would show when the sub menu is launched (i.e. 'G' or 'PG', etc.). A button can be triggered to ask for a new password, each additional movie rating level can have a different password. PG 13 has its password, R or greater than R. The same features could be built into TV ratings as well.

Again thanks to the team and the community for the great product!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom