EPG and the tvserver (1 Viewer)

johans

Portal Member
October 31, 2006
MediaPortal Version: svn Rev11545
TV Engine 3 Version: svn Rev11545

Hi there,

This is my first post, and first of all let me say a BIG thanks to the dedicated guys who provide us with this fine piece of software.

I have today started to try to get the tv server going on my HTPC, and most of the time it's running fine, but I do have a problem with my XMLTV stuff not getting presented as I want it to in the TV GUide part of Media Portal. (I've been using the tv_grab_se_swedb grabber for XMLTV)

First, I did the tvserver configuration for EPG
- I selected all my channels on the "TV Epg grabber" page in the config tool"
- I chose Swedish as my language
- I pointed the XmlTv plugin to my tvguide.xml file (which i populated manually earlier)
- It even reports that it has imported 12 channels and 2409 programs

When I go into the TV Guide I get all my channels listed on the left hand side just fine, but according to the TV Guide there's "No data available" for any channel, but if I click on any of the channel icons, I get a listing of all the programs on that particular channel for that day. I'm also able to view that channelby double-clicking on the "No data available" bar. Once watching Live TV I can flip through the channels with the remote and get information about the current show on the channel I'm flipping to, so the data seems to be there, it just doesn't present itself in the TV Guide.

Could it be that there's EPG data left in the client part of MP? I've removed all the TV cards from the client and also clicked the "Remove all programs from TV database" button.

Can anyone more knowledgeble than myself please assist?

Thank you,
Johan S

johans

Portal Member
October 31, 2006
Sorry, I jumped the gun here a bit.

After searching the forum a bit further I found the answer in this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11912, the solution was to delete the EPG data in the SQL database, now I've got it up and running.

I do have the duplicate show issue though, but I think the developers are working to solve that one at the moment, so I'll just wait!

Johan

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    The duplicate show issue is becuase the same guide got imported twice... it might happen when you right click and say import the guide.

What I like to do is delete my xml.. and then go into the database and run the query. Once that is done, I download the guide and let the TV server do it's job. Frodo said the tv server checks for a new xml about every minute. I then would wait about 10 to 20 minutes and you should have a perfect guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom