[solved] EPG Buddy for MP2 - Does it work? (1 Viewer)

Dementia Dog

Portal Member
January 15, 2020
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It took me a while to find a download site for EPG Buddy, but I finally did, and then I installed it. Since I'm in Florida, I thought I'd go with TVGuide.com as the EPG source, and so I created an account with them and then configured EPG Buddy accordingly. I think I have everything in EPG Buddy configured correctly, but when I attempt to "Grab EPG now", it doesn't seem to be getting any data. As well, within EPG Buddy there are no "offered channels" listed on the EPG Data tab. I don't see any error messages, but I have noticed that the "Grab EPG now" option opens a DOS window and it contains a bunch of messages that say "Retry download (1/3)...".

I've done a bunch of searches within this forum, and elsewhere, and I see comments that say EPG Buddy doesn't work, as well as comments that say it does work. I want it to work, but right now I'm not sure who to believe. :(

If anyone has any words of wisdom regarding my dilemma I would really appreciate them right about now?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Generally EPG-Buddy did work. I'm using it since ever here without a single issue... But I don't use tvguide.com as I'm living in Europe.
    "Retry download" means there is an issue while downloading the EPG data. The tool tries to download the data from tvguide but can't.
    I've tried it here with a "dummy" account on tvguide just some seconds ago and got the same message. So it looks as if tvguide has changed something on their API. I need some time to figure out what's different now to find a fix. Sorry.
    If you need the EPG urgently you may try to use the Webgrab module of EPG-Buddy instead. It's much slower and not that comfortable but you get data until tvguide is fixed...
    Thanks for reporting!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Could you try to replace the attached file in your EPG-Buddy installation folder, please.
    This hopefully should fix the issue you've reported.
    Simply replace the existing file with the one inside the attached archive and then try again.

Attachments

• 320491_EPG-Grabber_0.121.18.zip
      172.2 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom