EPG In Sydney Australia? (1 Viewer)

Lomax

Portal Member
April 24, 2007
Sydney
Home Country
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone from Sydney, Australia can provide some info as to the best way to "grab" EPG data for stations here. ie. Which grabber, which source, basic setup instructions.

Any info appreciated,

Regards,

'max

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    I'm From Sydney and i just use the WebEPG that comes with Mediaportal and i have never had a prob.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/UserGuides/Country_based_EPG

The best setup in the MP webEPG for 7,9 and 10 is "6-minnie.tuhs.og"

Then i use the abc and SBS website it self to save the bandwith used on the above as it is a free community in which poeple enter the data manual.

And if your using TV3 you will have to change the default folder in TV3setup so that it can find the XML file.

Lomax

Portal Member
    April 24, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Thanks for the info. I will go down the webEPG route and see how things go. Thanks again!

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi there - I have a script that polls the data from tvguide.org.au and returns it in xmltv format - this is the only source I know of with foxtel data :) (Let me know if you'd like the script or more details :) )

Lomax

Portal Member
    April 24, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    All the instructions seem to be for TV engine 2. What about tv engine 3?

ie. if I run WebEPG-conf.exe the first thing I am supposed to do is click "Import" to get a list of my configured TV channels - but none are setup for the tv v2 engine so nothing is found!

How to I configure an EPG when using the tv 3 engine? The only EPG thing in TV Server Setup is Zap2It and that's american only. :-(

Any info appreciated,

'max

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom