It's last tearing free build for my XP setup unfortunately :(

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys!
    I'm absolutely in favor how my STB shows EPG in fullscreen TV.
    I'll try to describe.
    If you press "Info" button you will see current program for current channel like we have in MP Info menu.
    But if you press "Right" it'll show you next program for current channel and its details. By clicking OK you can set notification/record it.
    That's not all. You can press "Up" and "Down" buttons also and you will see current program for next/previous channels. Click OK and you could switch to them.
    This method of browsing EPG looks like the least invasive one and I use only it and never standart EPG screen.
    I'd like to see this stuff in MP. :)
    Yeah, I know current miniEPG could do smth similar but anyways :)
    Thanks!
    I just found this thread and I like the idea! In fact part of it is already implemented inside SlimTV:
    You can hit "Info" button multiple times to:
    1. Show OSD (short info)
    2. Show current program details
    3. Show next program details
    4. Show player controls dialog
    If we go for your ideas we could change few actions. Sould be quite easy to add.

What would be a behavior change is the "Up/Down" proposal: currently this involves "ZAP OSD" (although there is no distinction inside MP2) and tuning channel after timeout.

@regeszter wouldn't this be a good task to investigate new MP2 technology?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys!
    I'm absolutely in favor how my STB shows EPG in fullscreen TV.
    I'll try to describe.
    If you press "Info" button you will see current program for current channel like we have in MP Info menu.
    But if you press "Right" it'll show you next program for current channel and its details. By clicking OK you can set notification/record it.
    That's not all. You can press "Up" and "Down" buttons also and you will see current program for next/previous channels. Click OK and you could switch to them.
    This method of browsing EPG looks like the least invasive one and I use only it and never standart EPG screen.
    I'd like to see this stuff in MP. :)
    Yeah, I know current miniEPG could do smth similar but anyways :)
    Thanks!
    Back to original idea, can you please post some "screenshots" of the layout and EPG display?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Back to original idea, can you please post some "screenshots" of the layout and EPG display?
    I'll try to make some pictures with my phone if i can :)
    And here is a mockup
    014-11-14 23.19.01.png
    OSD on STB has arrows like on this picture indicating that you can click up/down/right button on your remote and show next/previous channel EPG or next programm for current channel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom