[fixed] EPG - Inconsistent behaviour when scrolling with page up/down (1 Viewer)

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 svn 27898
MediaPortal Skin: Maya
Windows Version: Win7 ultimate
CPU Type: Intel E6400 2.13GHz
HDD:
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: MSI 8600GT
Video Card Driver: 266.58
Sound Card: SigmaTel
Sound Card AC3: spdif
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 5.7 (beta)
2. TV Card: FloppyDTV S2
2. TV Card Type: DVB-S
2. TV Card Driver: 5.7 (beta)
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD10
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD10
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digital Sweden
HTPC Case: Sony VGX-XL302
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Sony RM-MCE20E
TV: Samsung PS50C7705
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

When scrolling down in the EPG using page down, once you reach the end of the list the scrolling stops on the last channel and you need to press page down again to wrap around. When scrolling up using page up, instead of stopping at the first channel it immediately wraps around.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enter EPG
2. Scroll down page-wise (page down)
3. When reaching the end of the list the last channel is highlighted and you need to press page down again to wrap around to the beginning of the list
4. Scroll up page wise (page up)
5. When reaching the top of the list, rather than halting at the first channel it immediately wraps around to the end of the list

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Johannes

For me the page up stops at the top of the list, but the next item selected after pressing page up again is not the last item in the list. Is that what you mean?

1. Page down until you hit the bottom of the list -> stops on last item.
    2. Page down again -> *goes to first item in the list*.

...is not the same as...

1. Page up until you hit the top of the list -> stops on first item.
    2. Page up again -> *does not go to the last item in the list*. Instead it works as if you were already at the bottom of the list and pushed page up.

I noticed a further inconsistency: when using page up and page down in the mini-guides, if you reach the top or bottom of the list scrolling does not wrap around. You have to press up (if you're at the top of the list) or down (if you're at the bottom of the list) for wrapping to happen...

mm

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    For me the page up stops at the top of the list, but the next item selected after pressing page up again is not the last item in the list. Is that what you mean?

Sorry for not being clear. Let me try with an example instead.

I have 72 channels in the channel group. If I'm currently at channel 70 and press page down I end up at 72. Another page down wraps around to number 1. If I am at channel 3 and press page up, rather than just jumping to channel 1 the list immediately wraps around and I end up at channel 70.

I hope I made more sense now.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Sorry for not being clear. Let me try with an example instead.

I have 72 channels in the channel group. If I'm currently at channel 70 and press page down I end up at 72. Another page down wraps around to number 1. If I am at channel 3 and press page up, rather than just jumping to channel 1 the list immediately wraps around and I end up at channel 70.

I hope I made more sense now.

//Johannes

Do you have 'Loop guide seamlessly (top and bottom)' enabled or disabled in Config -> TV -> TV Client ?

Of course, if you had followed bug reporting guidelines, I would already have access to this information without needing to ask.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...stemspecs-will-get-your-thread-deleted-88213/

Mark

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Do you have 'Loop guide seamlessly (top and bottom)' enabled or disabled in Config -> TV -> TV Client ?

Disabled.

Attached are logs showing MP being started, entering epg, going two steps down to channel 3, pressing page up and ending up at channel 70, pressing page down ending up at channel 72 and finally again pressing page down ending up at channel 1.

The behaviour is the same in debug-mode.

Last edited:

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country

Disabled.

Attached are logs showing MP being started, entering epg, going two steps down to channel 3, pressing page up and ending up at channel 70, pressing page down ending up at channel 72 and finally again pressing page down ending up at channel 1.

The behaviour is the same in debug-mode.

//Johannes

With the same settings here, if I focus on a program in the 3rd channel in my group, then press page up, I end up focused on the 1st channel. I have to press page up again for it to wrap around. I can't get it to behave inconsistently.

Which channel group are you using?

Edit: I normall have 'hide all channels group' enabled, so I don't see the full group, just my main channels. However, I have tried to reproduce this issue in my regular channels group as well as 'all channels' and I cannot.

Mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    FYI: I also have that option disabled and am able to reproduce in my TV channel groups. Could this be a skin issue? The OP seems to be using Maya whereas I'm using the default wide skin...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    FYI: I also have that option disabled and am able to reproduce in my TV channel groups. Could this be a skin issue? The OP seems to be using Maya whereas I'm using the default wide skin...

You ARE able to reproduce this issue with 'DefaultWide' ? Earlier you said you were not!?

I now tried with DefaultWide and Maya, and both are the same - correct behaviour - for me.

Please can we have screenshots or something else that might help? Can anyone else confirm? Otherwise we will have to mark this as 'unable to reproduce'.

Mark

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My apologies Mark: slip of the keyboard in the rush to leave for work! :sorry:

To be clear: I'm using default wide and I get *exactly* the same behaviour as you have described. Can't reproduce the OP's issue.

Even if the OP's issue can't be reproduced I still think it would be nice if the inconsistency between wrapping when scrolling up and scrolling down (ie. focus doesn't move to the last list item when wrapping and scrolling up) and the issue that I found with wrapping in the mini-guide not working with page-up and page-down could be dealt with...

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    With the same settings here, if I focus on a program in the 3rd channel in my group, then press page up, I end up focused on the 1st channel. I have to press page up again for it to wrap around. I can't get it to behave inconsistently.

That is a tad strange... I see the same behaviour on both the client and server. Then again, they are pretty identical regarding setup.

Which channel group are you using?

On the Server I use a group I've named 'Canal Digital' while the client uses a group called 'Client'. The main difference is the channel order.

Edit: I normall have 'hide all channels group' enabled, so I don't see the full group, just my main channels. However, I have tried to reproduce this issue in my regular channels group as well as 'all channels' and I cannot.

I always have this setting disabled, but for testing purposes I enabled it. It made no difference to me either, I still see the issue. I also tried toggling the 'Show channel numbers' and 'Select channel by index' (both are normally enabled), but it still wraps. Disabling the latter did present a slight change though, rather than the skip going 3 -> 70 I ended up at 69 (number 481 to be exact, but 69 as in the 4th last out of the 72 channels in the group).

I see the same behaviour in debug-mode. The only difference is that with Maya it skips 5 channels (3 -> 70) while in debug-mode the skip is 8 (3 -> 67). In Maya the EPG lists 7 channels at a time while the default skin lists 10.

The attached logs are from debug mode. Start MP / enter EPG / Down two steps to 3 / Press page up and end up at 67 / Press page down and end up at 72 / A final page down wraps the list to 1.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom