EPG is unreadable (1 Viewer)

Workscoper

June 7, 2018
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Many thanks again for that info. It looks like I need to do some more homework, so that will be tomorrows mission. I am determined to get all this sorted, because I really like the MediaPortal product. Will be in touch with more questions I am sure.
Thanks and regards

Workscoper

June 7, 2018
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi again
Well, I did yet another install and noted that the All Channels group was there. I created an EPG folder in C:\ drive to store the 3 files shown in the Wiki instructions. Everything seemed go perfectly, until I run the EPG collector. It did the scan but a note came up saying there was an error "Code 10". I carried on, but when I ran the "Import" it said it could not find the "TVGuide.xml" file? Thus it would not import. Also, I notice is says it finds around 78 channels during the EPG scan, but only displays a handful. I have attached a log file (Hopefully correctly done).
Thanks again
Gary

Attachments

• Exit Code 10.JPG
    Exit Code 10.JPG
    245.5 KB
  • MediaPortalLogs_16_06_18__09_44.zip
    633.1 KB

Workscoper

June 7, 2018
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi Again
Had a massive breakthrough this morning. I ran the Windows 10 troubleshooter for incompatible programs and everything is now working perfectly. It put it back to a Windows 8 configuration!!!!!
All I need to sort now is setting it up to receive updates as per step 6 in the Wiki.
Regards
Gary

Workscoper

June 7, 2018
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Another couple of questions please. When I did the EPG download, it said that around 65 channels had been imported. However, the channels on the attachment I show here shows that there are only a handful. What would have happened to the other channels? I used "Auckland Infill". I assume that if I run another "Scan" with all regions or Waiatarua for example, then I will have to carry out all the "Wiki" steps again?

Secondly, setting up the EPG updater. I have downloaded the "Upgrade bat" File and copied it to C:\EPG. When I run task scheduler, When I add the program I want to open, do I put in C:\ Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe and then the task to run is C:\EPG\Update.dat?
upload_2018-6-17_8-54-56.png

upload_2018-6-17_8-53-42.png

Jasmeet_181

Portal Pro
September 5, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Another couple of questions please. When I did the EPG download, it said that around 65 channels had been imported. However, the channels on the attachment I show here shows that there are only a handful. What would have happened to the other channels? I used "Auckland Infill".
EPG Collector and MediaPortal are completely separate applications, EPG Collector can only provide EPG data, the channels are missing from your DVB-T scans in MediaPortal. From your logs, you're only finding TVNZ mux on 28/530MHz with "signal:0 quality:9" (out of 100) so it may well be the wrong region.

I assume that if I run another "Scan" with all regions or Waiatarua for example, then I will have to carry out all the "Wiki" steps again?
If the EPG Collector side of things is working, you'll only have to redo the XmlTV Mapping tab step after the scan and then another EPG import. I'd also say delete the channels from Auckland Infill before you scan Waiatarua. There's also an All Regions if you're struggling to find the correct one.

Secondly, setting up the EPG updater. I have downloaded the "Upgrade bat" File and copied it to C:\EPG. When I run task scheduler, When I add the program I want to open, do I put in C:\ Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal.exe and then the task to run is C:\EPG\Update.dat?
In Task Scheduler, for Action select Start a program and for the Program/Script select C:\EPG\Update.bat. The update file tells EPG Collector to grab the EPG using your freeview.ini settings, MP scans for changes to tvguide.xml by itself and will import the data after EPG Collector is done.

If you want to run the update file manually, you only need to double click on it.

P.S. I found that the original update file was still in the wiki and relinked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom