EPG issues: text disappearing (1 Viewer)

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    First of all: I love the Black & White 1080p skin :). Nice Basic Home, lots of plugins supported and it looks stunning. The only weird thing is the tv guide. Normally it looks so:

But on some EPG-entries (or after the information text on the bottom scrolled to the end) nearly all text disappears like this:

If another EPG entry is selected the text suddenly appears again. Also if I switch from tv guide to channel EPG this is not happening. I cannot find a system behind this and thought this only happens to me. But a few days ago it happened to another person using B&W 1.1, too. So my question: is this issue known/fixable or is it only happening to a few pc's? Other skins do not have this issue.

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    Sure thing, here are my logs. I cleaned everything then started MP and directly looked at TV Guide until 2 of this errors occoured and then I quit MP. I hope this helps you! :D

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I think you need to ask some of the MediaPortal developers about your problem, I can't see what the problem is. :(

blobo

Portal Member
    March 3, 2008
    I started having the same issue after installing webepg. I never had the problem before. I just checked and the default skin works fine.

However, i have always had something else (afer updating to 1.0), which could be related.. I have two screens (separate resolutions) and i switch between the screens using catalyst keyboard shortcuts. Every third time or so when i do this, everything else besides the skin background disappears and the only way to get the menus, buttons and whatever to show is to restart MP. Using RC4 this never happened.

logol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 12, 2009
    Same problem...I'm importing EPG data with clickfinder. It seems that the phenomenon appears if there is a huge amount of data in the field.

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    i get this one too. also with clickfinder. there seem to be different bugs when using ATI and NVIDIA. with ATI, the text disappears, with NVIDIA, some text is written stretched and rotated across the screen, all other text is ok.
    unfortunately i don't have time to debug this ATM :(

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    I also have the text all over the screen, but this happens less often. Its not a critical bug, I can live with it (scroll a little bit more and then read the epg info). For me it also happens with pure DVB EPG. But again, only with this skin. That's what is so weird.

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Me too

Hi,

I have the same issue after upgrading from 1.0.0.0 with SVN to 1.0.1
    Using DVB S epg and streamed MP skin

regards

flintstone