epg logos? (1 Viewer)

hermy65

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
is it possible to put channel logos into the EPG? if so, can someone tell me how to do that?

Callumgw

Portal Pro
June 2, 2008
Home Country
You can find a very good guide about adding logos to your channels in the wiki:

TVChannelLogos - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

I'm feeling a bit stupid at the moment, because I tried that and it doesn't work for me. I'm using the latest release (1.0.0 RC2). Firstly there was no Thumbs\TV\Logos directory in either \Mediaportal or \TVServer directories. So I created on in \MediaPortal. Tried a range of CAPS options on the naming of this directory. Also looked for the \cache directory but don't see one...... I tried logos with PNG extensions and without......The example image I was trying is square and has a very simple name 'ABC1' which matches the 'Name' in MediaPortal Setup -> Television -> TV Channels.

Has something changed for Mediaportal with TV server?
Is the Cache in a different place?
Should I be doing this in the TV Server instead?

:confused:

C

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I'm feeling a bit stupid at the moment, because I tried that and it doesn't work for me. I'm using the latest release (1.0.0 RC2). Firstly there was no Thumbs\TV\Logos directory in either \Mediaportal or \TVServer directories. So I created on in \MediaPortal.

Hi Callumgw,

your issue come down to the fact that you created the dir in the wrong location.
    Also take care that those are alredy in place and so as a general rule, if you don't find a dir look somewhere else but not create it.

Look here for correct paths: SystemFolders - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

Simone

chinga69

Portal Pro
    October 27, 2007
    penrith
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You can find a very good guide about adding logos to your channels in the wiki:

TVChannelLogos - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation

I'm feeling a bit stupid at the moment, because I tried that and it doesn't work for me. I'm using the latest release (1.0.0 RC2). Firstly there was no Thumbs\TV\Logos directory in either \Mediaportal or \TVServer directories. So I created on in \MediaPortal. Tried a range of CAPS options on the naming of this directory. Also looked for the \cache directory but don't see one...... I tried logos with PNG extensions and without......The example image I was trying is square and has a very simple name 'ABC1' which matches the 'Name' in MediaPortal Setup -> Television -> TV Channels.

Has something changed for Mediaportal with TV server?
    Is the Cache in a different place?
    Should I be doing this in the TV Server instead?

ive got logos for Sydney and Wollongong channels if you like

Callumgw

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Simone,
    Thanks, I thought it strange that the directories didn't exist. I have another go at this tonight....(got that linked bookmarked now)

Chinga69,
    I've updated most of the logos and would like to post them up, I'll just have to fig how first....

C

:D

Users who are viewing this thread