epg - no data available for all channels (1 Viewer)

gigilulu

Portal Member
November 16, 2007
I can't seem to get epg working at all using MP 1.0 with my dvb-s card. With other softwares like Mythreate & Progdvb, I can get working without doing anything. I tried many settings but without any success.

I know u can download epg from web & use plugin like, XMLEPG to import to the db but I am only interest in getting epg over the satellite stream at this point.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Kossu

Portal Pro
June 8, 2008
Home Country
Finland Finland
I can't seem to get epg working at all using MP 1.0 with my dvb-s card. With other softwares like Mythreate & Progdvb, I can get working without doing anything. I tried many settings but without any success.

I know u can download epg from web & use plugin like, XMLEPG to import to the db but I am only interest in getting epg over the satellite stream at this point.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

What card? Have u enabled EPG correctly and set what languages it should download for?

gigilulu

Portal Member
November 16, 2007
VisionPlus 1020a (dvb-s) card - PCI satellite card.

Yes, I have enabled EPG data for all channels & the language English is selected as well.

Found the problem. I had the region set incorrectly in my PC which gave the wrong date & time in the "program" table in the db even the computer date & time is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for the super quick reply! WinTV must download the EPG, you're right. I thought it got sent in the data packets over the air. They don't charge anything for it, so I'm somewhat puzzled. As a matter of fact, I had Media Portal about 10 years or so ago..maybe longer as time flies. I know at the time, it was not free but...
Thanks for the super quick reply! WinTV must download the EPG, you're right. I thought it got sent in the data packets over the...
First, I am using Windows 7, Media Portal 2.32. I use the program for Satellite and ATSC TV. I live in the US. ATSC TV channels...
Replies
Views
I live in the UK and have never used an internet EPG with MP. Hence I have never used "Schedules Direct", so the following is all second-hand or third-hand knowledge... There is a "TV Server" plugin for "Schedules Direct". Is this the plugin you installed, or are you referring to something provided by "Schedules Direct"? The...
I live in the UK and have never used an internet EPG with MP. Hence I have never used "Schedules Direct", so the following is all...
I live in the US and get my TV from over the air ATSC. Originally I believe I got my guide data from WebEPG, but that stopped...
Replies
Views
This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't cause any mis-functionality, it is just annoying. It's on the bugfix agenda for next MP2.4 release. That's correct, there are two options: Using the navigation buttons or the mouse wheel. It's also...
This seem to happen only occasingly for some users. I never saw it for example with my windows 10 system. As you said it doesn't...
I am using Windows 7, Media Portal 2.32, WMC skin and have 5 satellite TV cards installed. The only error I get when I start Media...
Replies
Views
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
Replies
Views
Have you selected the correct data format on the Schedules Direct web site? For the USA and Canada, the EPG data can be provided by SD in XML format or JSON format. XML format is the old style, and JSON format is the new style. Unfortunately, the TV Server plugin can process only XML format. If you are in fact downloading JSON...
Have you selected the correct data format on the Schedules Direct web site? For the USA and Canada, the EPG data can be provided...
I have installed version 1.27on MediaPortal and 1.11.0.2 of the Schedules Direct plugin. I scanned my Hauppauge WinTV dualHD...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom