[no Bug] EPG: Only scrolling of 2 hours possible - behaviour by design? (1 Viewer)

mp-user

Portal Pro
July 26, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: Default
Windows Version: Windows XP

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a design issue. I just wanted to schedule some recordings for the next days and realized that it's not possible to scroll the whole week. Only 2 hours are possible, not only for today but for the next days, too.
Is this a design issue? If yes would it be useful to create a feature request for being able to scroll through the whole EPG (for scheduling records)? How should one

I didn't attached any logs yet, because I'm quite sure this can be reproduced on every MP 1.2 installation and because I'm not sure if this is a bug or design issue.

mp-user

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

I don't understand this report at all.

If I go to the EPG and hit the 'right' arrow key, MP starts scrolling forward through the EPG. It carries on. I just tested and scrolled through a full week of programs.

If you think you have found a bug, or even unexpected behaviour, then you need to provide detailed steps to reproduce, ideally screenshots for an issue such as this, and there's something else you need to provide. Wait, it'll come to me in a minute. Yes, it's the flaming LOGS.

Thank you. That's 5 minutes of my life I won't get back because you didn't follow the bug reporting guidelines but hey, it doesn't matter how many times we tell you how to report problems, or post a sticky thread, because you'll just ignore us.

Mark

(who of course does not get paid for helping with MediaPortal)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I didn't attached any logs yet, because I'm quite sure this can be reproduced on every MP 1.2 installation

Oh, the usual argument for not including logs. And I lose count of the number of times I explain that many times problems cannot be reproduced.

/rant

mp-user

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2008
    AW: EPG: Only scrolling of 2 hours possible - behaviour by design?

Thank you for your valuable time. I now know that I didn't made myself clear. Checked again with arrows on keyboard - using this the scrolling works fine for me, too.

The bug: Using the time arrows next to the date arrows in EPG (see image below) with the mouse leads to the behaviour I've descibed before: you're only able to click < and > some time. I THINK this should be possible endlessly as it is with using the keyboard arrows.
    timearrows.png

mp-user

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Those arrows are not for scrolling through the guide, they are for changing the time window interval across the top of the guide. You can set the guide to display shows in 15min., 1/2hour, 45min., or 1hour windows. Depending on where you live, shows of 15 min length, or start/end times on the 1/4 hour may be common, so the guide can be adjusted to suit your areas programming schedule.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Those arrows are not for scrolling through the guide, they are for changing the time window interval across the top of the guide. You can set the guide to display shows in 15min., 1/2hour, 45min., or 1hour windows. Depending on where you live, shows of 15 min length, or start/end times on the 1/4 hour may be common, so the guide can be adjusted to suit your areas programming schedule.

Indeed.

In order to explain further,

TV Guide - MediaPortal Wiki

Yep, the 'instruction manual'. I don't want to give you any more grief, but please, before reporting a 'bug' check that this is not the intended behaviour, and check that you understand the functionality. I do appreciate that it isn't immediately clear what these buttons will do, which is why we spend a lot of time writing documentation.

Mark

mp-user

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2008
    AW: EPG: Only scrolling of 2 hours possible - behaviour by design?

Thank you all for your explanations. Thread can be closed.

mp-user

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom