EPG/Scheduled Recordings Question (1 Viewer)

kgkane

June 12, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
First and foremost, thank you for developing MediaPortal.

I was using MP 1 (v 1.16) until recently, when I switched to MP2 (v2.1). One thing I have noticed is that in MP 1, I was able to see the title for every episode of a series I was recording in the EPG and, if I was recording a series, on the scheduled recordings section (ie The Big Bang Theory - The Locomotion Reverberation). In MP 2, I still see the series title, but the episode title is no longer visible in the EPG and it doesn't show on the list of scheduled recordings either (making it somewhat difficult to determine if I should tell MP to skip recording reruns of certain shows).

The interesting thing is, I know MP is reading the title of the show because it is still getting included in the file name when a show is recorded (ie The Big Bang Theory - 2017-06-08 - The Locomotion Reverberation.ts), so I've been a bit stumped as to why my EPG and the Scheduled Recordings page would only show that this is an episode of The Big Bang Theory with a (very) short description from zap2it.com (more on that in a moment).

As I just mentioned, I am downloading all my EPG data from zap2it via zap2xml, which is something I started doing when I was on MP 1, so I have just carried over the same process on MP 2. I have confirmed that my tvguide.xml file does have the episode title. Here is a sample:

<programme start="20170602193000 -0400" stop="20170602200000 -0400" channel="I11760.labs.zap2it.com">
<title lang="en">The Big Bang Theory</title>
<sub-title lang="en">The Locomotion Reverberation</sub-title>
<desc lang="en">Howard and Leonard try to make their invention even smaller.</desc>
<category lang="en">Series</category>
<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP00931182.0146</episode-num>
<previously-shown />
<rating>
<value>TVPG (D,L,S)</value>
</rating>
</programme>

So the <desc> tag is making it into the EPG and is visible on my Scheduled Recordings, but the <sub-title> tag is not. Anyone out there have any idea why? Is there something I need to change on zap2xml to make my tvguide.xml file more compatible with MP 2 or is there a setting in MP 2 I have to change?

If you need some logs from me to look into this further, just let me know and I'll get them. I'm actually not near my HTPC at all right now, but I should be able to get the logs at some point in the evening.

Thanks again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom