EPG using Zapit plugin with TVserver problem (1 Viewer)

marsman2007

July 18, 2007
Hi,

I am a new Media Portal user based in the U.S. I am running the latest MP SVN with a Hauppauge HVR 1600 tv tuner card. I installed the latest version of MP and TVserver and set it up for a single machine. I got MyTV to start working through the TV server, so now I can watch all my programs perfectly!.:D (this is the only way to get this card to work with MP)

I haven't tried recording or scheduling to record anything yet. I would however get the EPG to work first. I have installed the latest Zap2it plugin on my machine for both the TV server and MP SVN. The problem I am facing is that the plugin wont work within MP SVN and I can't figure out why?

I went to the TVserver setup first, and activated the Zap2it plugin. I set up the account information as directed, went to the lineups tab refreshed it and loaded it just fine. Then I auto-tuned the channels. Then I loaded the Zap2it plugin in MP SVN itself under process plugins, set up my username and password, went to the line ups, refreshed the list, loaded the lineup. Unfortunately, there is now way I can autotune the chanels in the MP SVN setup since it is controlled by the TV server instead. So when I start MP and wait for a few seconds, it asks me to autotune the channels since it cannot download the EPG. How do I go about correcting this problem?:mad:

Please help!!! I have tried everything and I am sooooooo keen on seeing this work!

:D

patrick

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
Southeast
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I am not entirely sure I follow everything you have done but:

The MP TVServer should be the ONLY place running the zap2it plugin.
You need to have the TVServer client running within MP.

To start the first EPG update immediately, after you enable the zap2it plugin
on the TVServer select the force update option in the zap2it plugin config then
stop and restart the tvserver service (or just reboot the PC).

The initial EPG update/mapping can take a little while depending on your
lineup(s) and PC speed , I would allow 30 minutes or so.

MP with the client installed should get the EPG from the server.

HTH,
patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom