epg (1 Viewer)

joseosoria

Portal Pro
March 3, 2008
Home Country
hello, if this issue has been resolved please point me in the right direction and delete this one.
my issue is, it took me a long time to get the epg working. then i found mc2xml to download my epg(wow, so easy and i was burning my brrain for manny manny days).
well, i am from the dominican republic in the caribbean, so i have to get my epg downloaded from sky mexico through mc2xml as mentioned.
mapped my channels and pointed xmltv plugin to grab the data for the specific channels i wanted.
now, in mexico the time is 2 hours earlier than here but somehow mp managed to put the right time in my epg, but, and here is my problem, why other channels(the ones i really watch)are 1 , 2 and even 3 hours out of sinc?
most of the channels are in perfect sinc but for example, discovery channel the program i am watching now at 2 pm is in mp epg at 3 pm, one hour ahead , others as i mentioned are 2 or 3 hours ahead. i even have one channel that the program i am watching now at 2 pm, again as an example, the epg has it at 12pm, that's 2 hours behind. i had to rename the channels with a +1 or +2 to remember the exact time i have to look for in other for me to know what program is showing untill this issue is fixed, example: discm+1 is discovery channel. sony+2 , nick-2 etc.
so if mp has a way to fix my time between mexico and my country wich i found awesome, why is only doing it for a few channels?
(out of 60 channels, 45 are adjusted to the right time and the rest are not as mentioned)
how can i solve this?
trying to solve this made me unisntall mp 3 times and delete any single trace of mp to comeback to where i am now. using xmltv to adjust the time was a big mistake for me.
once i set it for one hour then update it will move every thing ahead . if then i set - 1 hour to come back to where it was it does not do it. if i try i uncheck time adjust stiil remains where it is screwed up. then it hangs saying already updating and the only way to fix it is deleting mysql.
any help?

ap90033

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had the same problem when I used UltraXMLTV to add season and episode to my tvguide.xml file. Some things were way off and others not so much. I could not figure out what the deal is Anyone here have a Solution??? I am guessing that since this was posted about a hundred years ago the answer is NO.

By the way we should IMPLEMENT A Policy to at least TRY and help Everyone here. I am trying to go around and help or at the very LEAST respond and let people know we care and notice they exist...

RAWPWR

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Same here, IE: if I'm presently watching a show @ 1:00 pm ET, it does not match up (out of sync). The show in question is listed though, but 1-2 hours ahead in the EPG listing?? Bummer. :(

Chollis Ketteridge

Portal Member
    February 18, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I use WebEPG and had the same problem with certain channels until I checked the grabber files and realised that some of them stated the source timezone and the others didn't >> once I'd added a timezone to the grabber xml files for the skewed channels, the times were adjusted for my own timezone.

I'm not sure how relevant this is to people using mc2xml/XMLTV, but hopefully it might help someone. As ap90033 says, there ought to be a policy to at least try and help everyone >> thus far, not one of my posts has been answered (and there are surely far more experienced users here than I - given that I only started using MP three days ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom