Episode repeats no matter what I select - must close MePo after each (1 Viewer)

rconstantine

Portal Member
September 29, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am running MePo 1.8.0 and the latest plugins.

This guy describes my same issue: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tvseries-repeats-previous-episode.70442/

However, it is such an old post and for such an old version of MePo and the plugin that I figure it doesn't make sense to just add to that post.

When I play any episode from any series I have, it is the only episode that will play thereafter regardless of what episode I choose and regardless of series. For example, if the kids watch one Avatar episode, then I watch a Get Smart episode, then it plays the show the kids just watched. Further selection of shows does nothing. Restarting MePo does the trick and I can then select the episode I want - but of course, have to restart again in order to watch another after that!

I'm using VLC for playback and am using the 'what's it called' daemon thingy to mount my video files to the dvd drive as these are iso files and I seem to recall MePo not handing them off to VLC correctly otherwise. Now that I think about it, not all of my series are iso - only those I ripped from DVD. So I will check on that and add the results here. Maybe the daemon isn't unmounting things correctly all of a sudden. I don't know why that would be since I haven't touched that aspect since initial install.

Meanwhile, has anyone seen this happen, or does anyone have a better way of handling iso files? I originally chose VLC because the built-in player wasn't handling everything well enough - but that was a few years ago.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Try the build in player again first, just ensure that the LAV video codec settings are set to make use of DXVA for GPU accelleration, and that the audio codec settings allow for the formats to be bitstreamed to your receiver that it has support for. If you have any Blu-Ray ISO or physical, then be sure to install the BRHandler plugin as well.

To diagnose your issue, run MediaPortal in windowed mode and examine what is happening to the mounted drive used for the playback of the ISOs in explorer/etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom