Error configuring - Common.Utils (1 Viewer)

aikeru

Portal Member
March 24, 2008
Arkansas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, there. I googled first to see if there was a solution, but the only post I found seemed to be a different issue or I didn't understand it. :)

The error I get is this:
'Failed to locate assembly 'Common.Utils, Version=1.1.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
Not that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end.

This is after going into MediaPortal Configuration -> Plugins -> Select My Emulators and click 'Config'.

I am using MediaPortal 1.1.3.0. I tried first installing MyEmulators unofficial release and had the error, so I then installed the current stable. I tried uninstalling both from Media Portal Extension Installer and then installing stable again and get the same error.

Please tell me, what do I do to fix this? :(

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi aikeru

I could be wrong but it seems like you're trying to use a version of the plugin that is designed to work with MP 1.2.0 with your MP 1.1.3 installation - that won't work so well. Either upgrade to 1.2.0b and use the latest builds from -->here<--, or use the 1.1.x version of the plugin from -->here<--.

mm

aikeru

Portal Member
    March 24, 2008
    Arkansas
    Home Country
    Thanks for your response ... I have been looking at upgrading to the new version so I may do that. :)
    I'll be sure to post back if it works.

aikeru

Portal Member
    March 24, 2008
    Arkansas
    Home Country
    Hello, again. Unfortunately, my attempts to install 1.2.0 beta have been completely futile.

I get the error "Failed to install application [MediaPortal 1.2.0 Beta]" (everything else succeeds).
    Interestingly, the install folder is created and MediaPortal runs and I can browse movies and such (although Start menu shortcuts are never created) ... but two issues are apparent:

1. Clicking on "Browse and install new plugins" does not work. It does nothing at all. Double-clicking, right-clicking, etc.

2. Attempting to execute mpe1 files directly or by dragging them onto MP executables doesn't seem to work either.

I tried a number of things....
    - Uninstalling MP 1.1.3, installing "fresh install" with defaults (no tv option) of 1.2.0
    - Attempting to install 1.2.0 into c:\MediaPortal120\
    - Installing MP 1.1.3 and then choosing upgrade option

All seem to have the same result. I need to get to a family get-together but I googled this also and I didn't see a solution. :(
    Perhaps I should open a different thread for this issue, but any help/suggestions are so welcome!

Thanks.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again aikeru

If the system specifications in your profile are correct then I think you may have the problem discussed -->here<--. If I'm correct then there is a compatibility problem with your Athlon CPU. There is an updated installer for people experiencing that problem -->here<--. Please try it and be sure to post your experience in that thread if the new installer solves the problem. I'm sure Sebastiii would appreciate your feedback. ;)

mm

aikeru

Portal Member
    March 24, 2008
    Arkansas
    Home Country
    Thanks very much! The installer worked!

I have not yet had time to try out the installed app but after I have had time to set it up I will try and remember to post in that other thread my results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom