[Music] Error in music views (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I am trying to setup a view which groups on composer (new tag in 1.1) and then displays album artist underneath.

In log you get
    Code:
    2009-10-14 18:00:26.437500 [Debug][MPMain]: MusicDatabase: GetSongsByFilter - SQL: select distinct strAlbumArtist from tracks where  (strComposer like 'A%' or 'A%')  order by strAlbumArtist asc, Filter: albumartist

But this can not work as the composer tag is stored like '| composer |' so the SQL does not return any data and the view does not work.

Similarily if I create a view grouping by album artist (restricted to 1) then albums then tracks I get the same error
    Code:
    2009-10-14 18:25:18.859375 [Debug][MPMain]: MusicDatabase: GetSongsByFilter - SQL: select distinct * from tracks where  strAlbumArtist < 'A' group by strAlbum, strAlbumArtist   order by strAlbum desc, Filter: album

If I take out the grouping I get
    Code:
    2009-10-14 18:27:45.921875 [Debug][MPMain]: MusicDatabase: GetSongsByFilter - SQL: select distinct * from tracks where strAlbumArtist like '%| Beck |%' group by strAlbum, strAlbumArtist   order by strAlbum desc, Filter: album
    and the view works as the "%| albumartist |%" filter is correct

If you group on album artist and show album artist it is clever enough to the albumartist table and the tracks table
    Code:
    2009-10-14 18:12:35.187500 [Debug][MPMain]: MusicDatabase: GetSongsByFilter - SQL: select distinct strAlbumArtist from albumartist where  (strAlbumArtist like 'A%' or 'A%')  order by strAlbumArtist asc, Filter: albumartist
    So this works

One of the main reasons for badgering hwahrmann to add the composer tag was so that I can create views that are filtered by composer but the details show album artist (eg. my collection has CDs by The Beatles stored with an album artist of "The Beatles" and a composer of "Beatles, The", CDs by Phil Collins have an album artist of "Phil Collins" and a composer of "Collins, Phil". The idea is that I can create a view grouping on composer (so The beatles appears under B and Phil Collins appears under C) and then have the actual album artist tag shown under this

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom