Error loading settings (1 Viewer)

lordarcane

Portal Pro
November 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Im getting strange error when trying to load the configuration settings. The dialog says, there what an error when loading the settings file. And, when I check the file its zero bytes.

I have mediaporta 1.1.1 and have downloaded the last version of infoservice.

Greatful for help!

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Error loading settings

Try to delete the "InfoService.xml" file and open the configuration dialog of infoservice again. You will find the file here:

2000/XP (32Bit) MediaPortal Config path: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\
Vista/7 (32Bit & 64Bit) MediaPortal Config path: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

lordarcane

Portal Pro
November 3, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I tried that, but the file recreates with 0 bytes.

If I have the xml file, the error is like: Its an error in your xml file (0,0)
If I delete the file and try to open the config dialog, it says canot create the xml fle. (erros in swedish, sorry the bad translation)
Though, it creates the file with zero bytes.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I'm unable to reproduce this. My settings file work fine, also when I delete it, it recreates without errors.

What is the log file when you delete the InfoService.* from config folder and reopen configuration?

lordarcane

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm unable to reproduce this. My settings file work fine, also when I delete it, it recreates without errors.

What is the log file when you delete the InfoService.* from config folder and reopen configuration?

Found the problem! Seems like i had forgot an old infoservice.dll in the plugin/process folder... When I deleted that one the problem stopped and I got infoservice to work again! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom