Error Occurred Loading StreamedMPEditor.dll File and Video File Playback Issue (1 Viewer)

pirivan

Portal Pro
January 19, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP 1.7.5.3066
Windows Version: 7x64 Ultimate SP1
CPU Type:Intel Core i3-2105 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core
HDD: Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC064MAG-1G1 2.5" 64GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 Model F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL
Motherboard: Intel DH67CFB3
Video Card: Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics
Video Card Driver: 8.15.10.2559 (latest available)
Sound Card: Onboard Realtek
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: ffdshow Video decoder (from SAF 6)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: (LAV Audio Decoder)
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow DXVA video decoder (from SAF 6)
HTPC Case: Wesena ITX6
Cooling: 80mm case fan
Power Supply: Pico ITX 250W PSU
Remote: Logitech DiNovo Mini
TV: Sony KDL-40W4100 40" 1080p
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I recently migrated my MediaPortal installation to a new PC. I did this by using a program called Paragon OS to SSD. Basically, I cloned my previous HD for my OLD HTPC to an SSD and then installed the SSD in my new case with my new components etc (see specs above). All of my actual media does not live on the OS drive but on another separate server (along with my 'Database' and 'Thumbs' directories that also live on a share on the server). After the OS clone to the SSD and migration of the SSD to the new hardware I then pulled off all the old unnecessary drivers and reinstalled the new ones for the new hardware. Everything appears to be working great on the system but MediaPortal has a couple of different issues that I believe may specifically relate to Streamed MP. I have almost driven myself nuts trying to get it to work and I am truly running out of ideas. I apologize if this isn't the appropriate area for these two issues but I thought at least one of them (possibly both) is related to StreamedMP or its associated plugins. I thank anyone in advance for reading what will be a lengthy post and providing any assistance/a solution; this has taken me countless hours to diagnose over the last week.

So, the first issue is that when I attempt to launch MediaPortal Configuration -> Expert Mode -> Select 'Plugins' it hangs for longer than it should and then displays the error:
"An error occurred while loading the plugin file StreamedMPEditor.dll. It's broken or incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded."

While it MediaPortal Configuration is hanging before it displays the error in task manager I noticed that Configuration.exe goes up to 1,665,704MB or so of RAM used precisely before it displays the above error.

I can launch the BasicHome Editor via the start menu without any issues and edit/make changes etc MOST of the time. Sometimes it crashes when I attempt to launch it launch but works on re-launch. I have noticed that even when it launches properly, it is using 1.6GB of RAM or so (not sure if this is normal or not). I do not have the 'OnlineVideos' plugin installed.

As there does not appear to be a specific MediaPortal Watchdog log gatherer for 'MediaPortal Configuration' crashes I have attached an export of all currently present logs for this. This log file is called: ConfigUtilCrash_MediaPortalLogs_12_01_12__23_49.zip

The next primary issue I have is that no video files in TV Series or Moving Pictures will launch. Each time you attempt to playback a file it gives the following error that it could not load the codec/open the file for whatever file it was (avc and dts or divx and ac3 etc. etc. it has applied to every file I tried, nothing will launch so it is not a specific codec issue). I used the watchdog function for 'Report a Bug to a Plugin Developer or Skin Designer' and attached the log file for this error named: VideoFileFailsMediaPortalLogs_12_01_12__23_53.zip

Any file I attempt does play-back in MediaPlayer Classic Home Cinema without any issues so the PC appears to not have playback issues outside of MediaPortal. Any video file also plays back fine in Graph Studio.

Trying to playback ANY video files from TVSeries or Moving Pictures while booted into the Blue3Wide skin also gives the same codec related error as when using StreamedMP which points away from the skin itself. However, if I try to load MP debug mode without loading any plugins/skin etc. (option 1) I am able to playback some video files without any issues so I assume this is somehow plugin related. I have attached the log of running MP debug mode (Option 1, 'Report a Bug to Team MediaPortal) and being able to playback files; the file is called: VideoFilePlaysNoExtensionsMediaPortalLogs_13_01_12__00_14.zip

I would really like to not have to wipe everything out completely; I am dearly attached to my Moving Pictures and TV Series databases and how I have those plugins configured (I would not be thrilled to have to rebuild those two plugins configurations). It really feels like a simple StreamedMP + plugin issue that is causing the configuration utility crash and the file playback issue so hopefully it can be resolved without too much pain. I really love StreamedMP and associated plugins; thanks for all your hard work devs!

Here is what I can recall I have done over the past few days to attempt to resolve the issues, none of which have worked (StreamedMP has been uninstalled/reinstalled after attempting each of these fixes):
1. Installed DX9 and attempted to install DX10 (can't reinstall that on Windows 7 apparently)
2. Installed the latest and two previous to versions of Intel drivers
3. Deleted and reinstalled fonts listed here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...l-will-not-start-streamedmp-88891/index2.html
4. Uninstalled and reinstalled StreamedMP a number of times (including repair installs). I have not yet selected the options at the end of the StreamedMP uninstall to remove configuration settings for StreamedMP/basichome
5. Reset DPI settings from 'medium' back to 'smaller' in Windows display settings
6. Cleared the skin cache numerous times
7. Ran windows performance analysis numerous times to ensure Aero was enabled and supported
8. Looked over the logs that are in most of the attachments and attempted to google most of the errors I see in the various log files (ie "VideoPlayer: Unable to play with reason - Not enough storage is available to complete this operation." is just one of the various errors, there are other system out of memory errors etc. in the logs) which is how I ended up trying most of the above solutions which have not yet worked

Thanks again in advance for reading this far and for any potential assistance and I apologize if I have posted in the wrong area. Please let me know if you need any further information and I would be happy to provide it.

--Slight Edit/Update--

I did a full uninstall and reinstall of StreamedMP, including clearing the basichome settings etc. I then re-setup my basic home menu in the menu editor. Unfortunately I still get the StreamedMPEditor.dll error messages in MediaPortal configuration. However, after the full uninstall/reinstall I was able to launch some videos inside of mediaportal without errors. Then in the same MediaPortal session the video/codec errors returned and then went away. I closed and re-opened MediaPortal and it is back to not launching any video files of any kind displaying the codec error. This likely has something to do with the errors in error.log like: E_OUTOFMEMORY, [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX, VideoPlayer: Unable to play with reason - Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. I have attached a full log after this session in a file called: PostStreamedMPReinstallMediaPortalLogs_13_01_12__11_46.zip

pirivan

Portal Pro
January 19, 2008
In case anyone wonders later, long story short I resolved this by a combination of deleting/removing my MovingPictures database and clearing out my MovingPictures thumbs/coverart/fanart etc directories. I am in the progress of redownloading fanart/details now with IMDB+ and resetting watched flags (argh) but at least it is working now.

I also migrated my database and thumbs folders locally back to the HTPC (they used to be on the server) but I am positive that that was not related to my above issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom