MPEG2 Audio Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I store my lossless WMA files on a network share. My original database scan was using version 0.2.0.4, and there were no problems, the database was built correctly, all the tags and covers read fine.

I recently installed 0.2.2.0, and initially, there were no change to the database. However, when scanning for new music, any new music is showing up as unknown. So I decided to rescan to rebuild the database. However, now the rescan is not able to read the tags from ANY of my WMA files.

I noticed that in the database folder there were two music database files, musicdatabase5.db3 and MusicDatabaseV7.db3. I deleted both and did another scan. The newer file, MusicDatabaseV7.db3 is recreated every time, but with what is obviously incorrect data. The log file contains the following errors:

2007-01-06 09:43:51.925014 [Info.][Config Main]: WmaTag.GetWmaAttribute caused an exception in file a-ha-The Definitive Singles Collection- 1984-2004-01-Take on Me.wma : Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D0018

2007-01-06 09:43:51.925014 [ERROR][Config Main]: WmaTag.GetWmaAttribute caused an exception in file a-ha-The Definitive Singles Collection- 1984-2004-01-Take on Me.wma : Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D0018

2007-01-06 09:43:51.925014 [Info.][Config Main]: WmaTag.Read caused an exception in file a-ha-The Definitive Singles Collection- 1984-2004-01-Take on Me.wma : Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D0018

2007-01-06 09:43:51.925014 [ERROR][Config Main]: WmaTag.Read caused an exception in file a-ha-The Definitive Singles Collection- 1984-2004-01-Take on Me.wma : Exception from HRESULT: 0xC00D0018

2007-01-06 09:43:51.925014 [Warn.][Config Main]: TagReader: \\pr6370\wma\a-ha\The Definitive Singles Collection- 1984-2004\a-ha-The Definitive Singles Collection- 1984-2004-01-Take on Me.wma does not contain valid tags. Using Filename as Title

All the files are maintained using Windows Media Player 11, and it can read the tags just fine. They are also read correctly in explorer.

If I delete the V7 database and put back the old V5 database, MP seem to use that and everything looks good again, but I still can't add new music.

Help!

samundsen

Portal Pro
December 30, 2006
Houston, TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I figured it out. All my music file shares are read-only. Previous versions of MP did not appear to have problems with that, nor is there a problem for MP3 files (I have one share for WMA, another for MP3). I changed the permissions on the WMA file share to Full, after that the tag reader can read the WMA file tags just fine. I would prefer to have these shares as read-only, since I use the host computer to manage my music using WMP, there is no reason for my HTPC to be writing to these files.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    we use native Microsoft libraries for reading wma files.
    we never open them in read write, otherwise you would have noticed the same problem with mp3 files.
    so it is the ms libs that are causing that.
    no way for us to handle that.
    sorry.

the curious thing is that the test tagreader app works, since it is sharing the same codebase.

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    I didn't run the test tag reader across the network. I ran it locally on the computer that hosts the WMA files. That was what clued me into checking the share permissions.

murf

Portal Member
    February 16, 2006
    Same problem here, I also use wma lossless, everything works fine with 0.2.1.0, It show me the good tag, use the artist and album name to grab picture from the net.

When using 0.2.2.0 it only shows me the file name with no album - artist name information and doesn't grab any picture. Everything works fine with mp3 files.

The strange think is that it shows me the good tag (not the file name) in the 'next track' part of the 'now playing' screen.

My files were also in read only mode, I changed that but it doesn't solve my problem.

I had to put back the 0.2.1.0 to get my tags back.

Edit: I posted my configuration and log files on another post:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=14759&page=2

samundsen

Portal Pro
    December 30, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    Something is definitely whacky with the WMA TagReader in 0.2.2.0. It does now read my tags fine when I do a full rebuild of the database. However, it does not seem to read the Album Artist tag anymore, and I could have sworn it did that in earlier versions. That is a minor annoyance though.

Over the last few days, the monitor feature that keeps the database updated with any changes are messing with some of my albums. These albums are compilations, and I have all the settings set to deal with those (use folder for album etc), and they do appear correctly, as a single album, after a full scan.

However, the monitor feature splits these albums up, usually into two albums. This happens after a few minutes of leaving MP running. If I turn the monitor feature off, and do a full rebuild, they are left alone as single albums.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Please note, that nothing has changed in the WMA Tagreader since a while now.
    You should see error messages in the Configuration.lg, wheile scanning the db, if something went wrong.
    We're using the native COM methods supplied by WMP.

The problem with Monitoring is known.
    This has to do with a problem in sqlite, the database executable.
    The new version produces this error, we need it however to be Vista compatible.
    we need to wait on a new version of sqlite being released.

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Same problem here.
    Network folder, read only.
    Changing to read-write fixes it. Moreover, modification date of wma files shows clearly that MP opens them for modification, and maybe modifies them.
    Thanks samundsen for this workaround.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    again it is NOT Mp which is opening them for modification.
    The COM routines of WMP used are causing this.
    Try to playback the files with WMP and you will notice the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom