Errors when starting 1.0 RC2 - DirectX? (1 Viewer)

Topher5000

Portal Pro
April 5, 2006
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue 2
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
CPU Type: AMD X2 3800
HDD: WD 320gb + Seagate 1tb
Memory: 895mb
Motherboard: MS-7207PV (MSI) K8NGM2
Video Card:
Video Card Driver: nVidia Forceware 163.75
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Sound Card AC3: coaxial out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE
TV: Hitachi PJ-TX100
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I reformatted my HDD & started from scratch. When I start MediaPortal, a popup comes up but is immediately covered by the MP startup box. All I can see are the Okay & Cancel radio buttons. MediaPortal freezes on 'Initializing DirectX'. If I click the Okay button of the hidden popup, Firefox opens the General Requirements of the MediaPortal manual webpage . If I click Cancel, MediaPortal continues to load. When it loads, I get a MediaPortal Status box on top of MP.
I check my system & I have DirectX9c installed (it was the one that came with MP).
Do I need to update DirectX or something? What about the MP Status box? IS there a way to get rid of that?

druid9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 31, 2006
    From The Wiki

Operating System Components

Microsoft .NET Framework 2

Microsoft DirectX 9.0c or later
    o Note: If you want to find out which DirectX version currently is installed, go to Start, Run and type "dxdiag".

Microsoft latest avaiable Windows Media Player Version

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Required Updates and Hotfixes (do not try to use MediaPortal without!)

BDA/DVB hotfix - This essential hotfix is allready included in Roll-Up 2 of Windows MCE 2005, for Windows XP you have to install it manualy. [Updated psisdecd.dll]
    o

New Version! added 2008-07-14

If you want to watch digital TV, you must install it in order to avoid crashes and other odd behaviour!

All Microsoft updates run Microsoft updates until no more updates are available

Firewire hotfix (if you upgraded to SP2 and use FireWire devices) (included in SP3)

videoplayback flicker hotfix (fixes flickering when you play back video) (included in SP3) [Updated quartz.dll]

You need to upgrade your version of Windows Media Player to the latest, which also installs some required updates for RC2. You may need to install the other listed required updates, in particular the updated quartz.dll.

Beware, in my upgrade to RC2 I started to get unwatchable stutter on LiveTV as a consequence of the updated TS reader, and had to revert to RC1. The Stuttering on LiveTV thread has more details.

Good Luck!

Topher5000

Portal Pro
    April 5, 2006
    Windows update recommends SP3. Is this okay with 1.0 RC2? I tried it before with a beta version of SP3 & MP didn't like it. Is SP3 still beta? Will it install the BDA/DVB hotfix. I have an HD satellite PVR, so I don't use MP for TV.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom