ETA/Progress on v8.0? Any updates? (1 Viewer)

tebba

Portal Pro
November 8, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
As the topic says, just looking for some updates on the new version, eta's and such. Been asking around but haven't got an answer so i thought i'd make a thread where ppl can track the progress.

Thanks!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Still a few weeks out. We will hopefully get an Alpha together for 0.8 this weekend for internal testing. After that we will probably have an internal Release Candidate, and then a release.

EDIT: We have also talked about opening up testing a little bit (maybe have a 24-48 hour period of open registration for Alpha testers). This is still up in the air, but if we go this route I will post a sticky thread with advanced notice.

TheWho

Portal Pro
December 26, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
this is all i dream about :)

you all are wonderful and your work is what makes media portal so great :) you and TvSeries... :p

ederson13

Portal Member
December 9, 2008
Forcing the guy to answer the same question every 4 days won`t help either.

I`m pretty sure when the new version there will be a sticky with a very clear title.

tebba

Portal Pro
November 8, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
maybe then you should give fforde a hand so he ll get it ready sooner

That's exactly what he said, 'please let US/ME be alpha-testers' didn't you read his post before you answered? And as TheGlassJaw said, not everyone here is a programmer.

Forcing the guy to answer the same question every 4 days won`t help either.

I`m pretty sure when the new version there will be a sticky with a very clear title.

We're talking about PROGRESS here, we dont want him so post the same thing every day, just to update us on the progress, "beta testing begun, looking at an ETA on around 2-3 weeks", "finishing up everything, looking better than expected" and not '10days, 4hours till release', 9days, 2hours till release' So i thought i would be better to gather all the posts in the same thread in stead of having them in 20 seperate ones, wherever ppl ask.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
progress can always be followed on the project page (Google code)
here: moving-pictures - Project Hosting on Google Code
and here: Issues - moving-pictures - Project Hosting on Google Code for the issues (you may even sort them to your own liking)
Everything else has been posted by fforde several times and can be found by using the search feature on this forum.
when you want to alpha -alpha tes you can build your own unsupported dll by using the excellent guide over at the project page and using the open source source code, also on the google code page.
See, it's all there, no need to keep asking the devs.... Cause it will probable be ready when it's ready.

previous is not meant as a rant, but please use the search.

Users who are viewing this thread