event mapper doesn't get suspend resume (1 Viewer)

ettore.b

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Aaron,
    Vie installed IR suite, and I'm using the MP control plugin,
    I've mapped the following event:
    mp start: turn on amplifier
    mp stop: turn off
    pc resume: turn on ampli
    pc suspend: turn off

while the mp start/stop events are working perfectly, the suspend/resume works about 20% of times
    for the suspension I have the impression that the event mapper works better with the off button on the MCE remote than the "sleep" voice of the shutdown menu....

this is quite a prob, cause I'm exiting MP very seldom, but I'm always using suspend/resume on the pc

any idea?

thanks in advance

bye

ettore

ettore.b

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi,
    unfortunately the event mapper->suspend still doesn't work,
    seems that RC3 changed some flag that make suspension recognizable by ev. mapp.

bye

ettore

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    That's too bad. It works fine if I rightclick on "Translator" in the tray icon, and then choose to hibernate from there. I really hope this can be solved, because its a great feature.

Right now, I have to change my Samsung Q96's picture mode everytime I tunr it on, because otherwise I have overscan. This if the TV is on when the HTPC is not in windows, ´due to a lower resolution. My dream was to make the TV turn on
    automatically after the HTPC is in windows (this works great) and also turn off before it exit's.

Thanks for the responce.

ettore.b

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Aaron,
    some idea?
    I'm writing just to push up the post, and to say that the problem is confirmed from me also in MP 1.0 final...

acually the resume event works 95% of times, while the "suspend" never works......

In case there'se some log that should monitor the problem? in the ir server suite logs theres' nothing related.
    Also the mediaportal.log in debug mode desn't seems to see event mapper.....

thanks for the help

ettore

ettore.b

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Jonaskp,
    seems that our problem is uninteresting and/or unsupported......

can you tell me witch hardware/software configuration do you have, maibe is an hardware issue.....
    I have an Intel DG45ID m.b. with integrated graphics and c2d e8400 processor+ pinnacle hybrid DVBT card
    as OS I'm using Win XP PRO

MP is version 1.0 + IR Server suite build 2391

do yu see some similarities in your sysytem ?

let me know

ettore

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I'll check it when I get time one of the following days. From the top-of-my-head its a Motherboard with some sort of Nvidia Integrated graphics, c2d proccesorer (older than yours though), no TVcard (in the client) and also Win XP Pro.
    Not yet on MP1 and can't remember IR server Build number.

But the strange thing is, that it is working perfectly if I chose shutdown, restart or hibernate from outside of Mediaportal. For example if you use Hibernate from the IR server Tray Icon, it sends the IR blast correctly.

I'll see if I can try it on one of my Vista PC's. I shouldn't even need to install the IR blaster, since I could just map some other Event I guess. I'll check it out soon.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Think I'm gonna bump this.
    Didn't have any luck on the Vista PC either.

ettore.b

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    New observation,
    if I switch off from the MCE remote button PC ON/OFF the event mapper works correcly (I vasn't able to do that before because my old remote have a broken on/off button)

As told before, goin ont the power off menu in the main menu and chosig "sleep" or "suspend" the mapper doesn't get anything

Someone out there, it's possible that nobody have this problem?????

thanks again

Ettore

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom