EVR works only with nVidia? (1 Viewer)

araf

Portal Member
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
Hello! So problem is - I have two blocks - one with nVidia 9600 and another with ATI 4850. In all blocks use the same Vista Ultimate and latest drivers, the same codecs. With nVidia card EVR works, but at ATI card with EVR "on" the screen is black and only sound hear. So with ATI card I had to use VMR9. Is this programm bug, or I must make some changes in ATI control center? :confused:

araf

Portal Member
March 4, 2008
Home Country
It's happens with any kind of video file or DVD. In both systems I use beta SP2 for Vista.
And so I had to take logs from ATI block manually

ghostlobster

Portal Member
July 8, 2008
SP2 beta is not ready for media yet, especially EVR apps. I'm running Vista with an ATI 2600XT and EVR works perfectly, as long as Aero is enabled.

henk99

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I am running RC4 on an ATI 3200 (onboard) with Vista SP1 and EVR is running fine (driver version 8.12).

araf

Portal Member
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Ok, I reinstalled Vista and ATI drivers and left them untouched. Install MP v. 1.00. It's seems all to be OK with EVR, but DVD movies after stop left a big black hole, under wich shows a small part of GUI. If I try to see another movie this black hole is still on top. I had to close programm and start it again to see another movie. Any suggestions?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Ok, I reinstalled Vista and ATI drivers and left them untouched. Install MP v. 1.00. It's seems all to be OK with EVR, but DVD movies after stop left a big black hole, under wich shows a small part of GUI. If I try to see another movie this black hole is still on top. I had to close programm and start it again to see another movie. Any suggestions?

What MPEG2 codec you are using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom