1. We plan to roll out a major software update (XenForo 2.1) to the forum within the next 24h. If you post a thread or answer to an existing thread it may not get ported so please keep that in mind. New member registrations won't be possible until we finally switched.
    Dismiss Notice

EVR works, VMR9 doesn't (on XP SP3)

Discussion in 'General Support' started by pjh, November 13, 2009.

1. pjh

pjh Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've just upgraded from an older RC version of MP to the current 1.0.2, however now I can't use VMR9 - I just get an error.

As I said MP has been playing videos fine, all I did was upgrade to 1.0.2 - I didn't change any codecs - other players on the same machine (for example BSPlayer) can play the same video file using VMR9. Note I'm using an oldish catalyst (6.11) because it's the one that ATI says is the latest for the Radeon 9250 that I'm using.

I tried turning *off* all options for the VMR9 renderer in the MP advanced config, but this hasn't made any difference - can anyone tell me what I might need to do to get this working again?

If I switch the renderer to EVR I get video and sound - it all seems fine but CPU seems high and I'm getting tearing.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjh

pjh Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For some reason the above zip seems corrupt, here are 2 logs one from the VMR9 run (fails) and one from an EVR run (OK). The only thing I did between the 2 runs was switch the renderer in the config utility.

4. pnyberg

pnyberg Portal Pro

IT professional
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    It is because your gfx card is not DX9 compliant. They've changed the rendering between RC, 1.0 and 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 to use a rendering technique that is only available in DX9.

So sorry you need to upgrade your GFX or run with EVR (which does not use DXVA on XP).
    Or use the RC version... I think the change happened in build SVN 21720.

• Like Like x 1
  5. pjh

pjh Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, it's a pity as getting a more modern agp passive cooled video card now seems to be hard.

Any idea whether 1.0.1 or 1.0 will work for me or do I need to go back to my RC? I only use MP for playing AVIs, i love its 10-ft user interface, especially the way multiple taps of the arrow keys skip different increments forward.

I can't install 1.0 :(

Code (Text):
    1. [B]http://install.team-medialportal.com/DeployTool/ApplicationLocations.xml[/B]
    3. Download of settings file failed.
    4. Please review your Internet Explorer configuration and try once again.
    5. Corrupted config file, if found, will now be deleted.

6. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Owlsroost Development Group

Ratings:
    +4,132 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Try unpacking the installer file (I think 7-zip will do this) so you have separate MP and TV-server installer files - run the MP one first then TV-server.

The rendering method was changed in MP 1.0.1 onwards.

Tony

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!