Exception when trying to watch a movie after a while..log included

Discussion in 'General Support' started by flyte, January 12, 2009.

1. flyte

flyte Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Hi All.

MP 1.0
    Moving Pictures 0.6.5
    Latest StreamedMP.

For some reason, movies will only play once and then subsequent movies won't play without having to restart MP. When this happens, I see the following in the log:

Code (Text):
    1. 2009-01-11 14:28:14.375000 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayer9:exception while creating DShow graph Creating
    2. an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E436EBB3-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770} from the IClassFactory
    3. failed due to the following error: 80070486.    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.GetInterfaces()
    Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

I should mention that this all started to happen after one time I exited MP and quickly restarted it. A warning dialog came up about something going to be using the software renderer and it will be slow. Then I restarted the machine, lanched MP (and no warning dialog this time), and then this issue started to happen.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. flyte

flyte Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    no one has a suggestion for this ??

4. flyte

flyte Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Fixed by removing the MP Dashboard plugin, and re-enabling the TopBar plugin. I don't know why this solved the problem.

5. damaster

damaster Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Same problem here ever since I installed the MP Dashboard plugin (SysInfo)! It seems like it is leaking memory (handles).

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!