Exception when trying to watch a movie after a while..log included (1 Viewer)

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi All.

MP 1.0
Moving Pictures 0.6.5
Latest StreamedMP.

For some reason, movies will only play once and then subsequent movies won't play without having to restart MP. When this happens, I see the following in the log:

Code:
2009-01-11 14:28:14.375000 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayer9:exception while creating DShow graph Creating
an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E436EBB3-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770} from the IClassFactory
failed due to the following error: 80070486.    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.GetInterfaces()

Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

I should mention that this all started to happen after one time I exited MP and quickly restarted it. A warning dialog came up about something going to be using the software renderer and it will be slow. Then I restarted the machine, lanched MP (and no warning dialog this time), and then this issue started to happen.

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Fixed by removing the MP Dashboard plugin, and re-enabling the TopBar plugin. I don't know why this solved the problem.

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Same problem here ever since I installed the MP Dashboard plugin (SysInfo)! It seems like it is leaking memory (handles).

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I found the reason for the error, the Blu Ray is encrypted. It's written in BDReader-2018-12-27.log. I guess that would be the same with MP 2 but the error message could be somehow nicer ;-) 27-12-2018 21:27:06.937 [ 110]CLibBlurayWrapper - Disk is encrypted, no decryption is currently supported 27-12-2018 21:27:06.944 [...
Hi, I found the reason for the error, the Blu Ray is encrypted. It's written in BDReader-2018-12-27.log. I guess that would be the...
MediaPortal Version: 1.20 Description Hi, I can't play a Blu Ray disc with the internal player and have the following error in the...
Replies
Views
this thread pop-ups in my google search and I need some advice on how to solve the missing api-ms-win-ntuser-sysparams-l1-1-0.dll file on my win10. I found the file on the DLL Installer site and if I download the same file like the error said and install it again will fix the annoying problem?
this thread pop-ups in my google search and I need some advice on how to solve the missing api-ms-win-ntuser-sysparams-l1-1-0.dll...
MP version 1.18.0 Windows 10 32-bit MP has been working fine for a long time but without doing anything, today the HTPC can't play...
Replies
Views
restored to a backup from a few month ago. Which is a pain, but every thing works again. Now to update to the point of a few days ago :(. Taking a backup every step of the way. So this will take a While. Thread can be closed, unless someone wants to find out what the problem was, as this issue has not been resolved....
restored to a backup from a few month ago. Which is a pain, but every thing works again. Now to update to the point of a few days...
Had a corrupt gentle.config. replaced it with the one from the tv server. Now media portal crashes when doing nothing. I suspect...
Replies
Views
Hi, In the meanwhile everything is in working order again on my side and I wanted to give some feedback to close the thread gracefully. In 2014-2015 I did several MP updates, clean MP re-installs, OS (W7) updates, all to no avail - the problem remained In 2016 I switched to Windows 10 (normal upgrade, no fresh install) and upgraded...
Hi, In the meanwhile everything is in working order again on my side and I wanted to give some feedback to close the thread...
Since MP v1.6 I cannot play a 2nd video within one session of MP without getting an error. Use case: You produce the error by...
Replies
Views
Hi! I want to play a found trailer in the small preview control in top of the screen when a movie is selected. I changed the code to do this and it works as expected. But when the trailer is playing and i want to start the movie, MP is freezing. When the trailer isn't playing, the movie starts as expected. MovingPicturesGUI...
Hi! I want to play a found trailer in the small preview control in top of the screen when a movie is selected. I changed the code...
Hi! I want to play a found trailer in the small preview control in top of the screen when a movie is selected. I changed the code...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom