Excited to find this project! (1 Viewer)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
December 8, 2004
North America
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just found you and I couldn't be happier. I am a professional windows programmer. 99% of my experience is in Visual C++, but I have been dabbling in C# at home. I will be grabbing the source tonight and with any luck may be able to contribute soon. This looks to be the project I've been searching for. Thanks for making it open source!

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Glad you r all exited about Media Portal.
    Hope seeing some nice patches / features from you!

You can meet devs and users in #mediaportal on IRC.

Have Fun!

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    I saw the IRC info on the site. I will check into that tonight. I'm on the east coast of the US though so I might not be seeing too many people there when I am :)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    Not yet. But honestly if this is as good as it looks, and being open source, I would certainly be leaning towards spending my time on this project.

A

Anonymous

CodeMonkey said:
    Not yet. But honestly if this is as good as it looks, and being open source, I would certainly be leaning towards spending my time on this project.

Great to have you here, let me know if you need any gfx for any of your future Media Portal projects.

:)

CodeMonkey

Portal Pro
    December 8, 2004
    North America
    Home Country
    Samsonite said:
    CodeMonkey said:

Great to have you here, let me know if you need any gfx for any of your future Media Portal projects.

:)

Thanks! I'm very graphically challenged so I may take you up on that :)

A

Anonymous

Wow... I'm about a month behind CodeMonkey here, just discovering MP yesterday. Like CM, I've been contributing to GB-PVR.

I don't want to bash GB-PVR--It's a great piece of work, and Sub has done a wonderful job up to now. But, for me, it's a little restricted so far as LiveTV is concerned. Sub wrote it to support the PVR350, XCard, and MVP. As a result, the MPEG stream is saved to a file, and the output is played from this file. This inserts about a 1-second delay minimum into anything related to LiveTV (change the channel, and it's like being on a digital cable box--you definitely can't channel surf in the same way that the spouse likes to).

I love the fact that the whole MP project is open source. In that way, I can see what the technical challenges are that makes a feature set perform less than desireable for me, and maybe even work on correcting them.

I'll load MP onto my HTPC machine today, and check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom