Experience fitpc-2 (1 Viewer)

martijnr17

Portal Pro
November 15, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Does somebody has experience with the fitpc2?
Fit PC 2

On the hole forum only one post is about this machine.
If I'm right it plays full hd and everything else and only uses 6watt of power.... thats very impressive.
But how is de speed in the menu''s?

martijnr17

Portal Pro
November 15, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I don't know the Fit PC-2 but would assume that it's a bit underpowered for MP.
At least you will have to use a very simple skin as it has only a single core 1,6 GHz as fastest CPU

According to the price i would consider to go for a Asrock ION 330

See this thread for details https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/barebones-commercial-htpcs-352/new-toy-asrock-ion-330-a-69441/

I have seen that thread, but a asrock is still using 40watt of power, so i was hoping the fitpc-2 can handle the job.

I have to say at the moment i'm using the default skin of mediaportal and thats okay for me. But i dont want that the menus are slow. Maybe somebody with experience. And else.... it has to be the asrock.

Smorgon Magma

September 23, 2009
Home Country
I recently purchased a Fit PC 2 with some apprehension about its ability to display video at 1080p resolution. Out of the box the unit struggled with a few high definition MP4 files but after installing ffdshow codec pack, everything ran very smoothly. The unit that I bought came with Windows XP already installed. At that time I had no idea about Mediaportal. However, that quickly discovered the program and installed it. The unit comes with a built in infrared detector and a copy of Event Ghost. In order to get the infrared controller working properly and had to install Hip too. Currently I'm using a Logitech DiNovo mini wireless keyboard and an infrared remote control that I mapped myself. I also bought and installed a Tiny Twin USB television receiver. So, I'm very happy with the unit so far. MediaPortal runs just fine on it. My only criticism is that I wish they had included an optical audio connector. Go ahead and buy the unit. You won't be disappointed. It's worth mentioning too that they've been a great company to deal with.

infoberg

Portal Member
August 8, 2009
Home Country
Austria Austria
Have been looking at the fit-pc2, but there are 2 points that prevent me from getting one for use as HTPC:

1) no audio over HDMI
2) no 5.1 audio

other than that, I would love this little thingy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom