[Videos] External chapter list support (1 Viewer)

Spagbol

Portal Member
June 23, 2006
I searched but couldn't find this anywhere.

I would very much like to be able to use external chapter lists for avi files like VLC or Zoom player.
I know I can use comskip to add chapter support to avi files (even went so far as to write a program to rip DVD chapter data straight to comskip files) but that doesn't give chapter title info.

I have lots of music concert videos and if I want to skip to a certain song using comskip files, I have to skip to the next chapter and let it play before seeing if it's the correct song... doing that 20 times in a row is a pain. With external chapter list support like zoom player I could hit a button, see a list of chapter titles and select the correct chapter straight away.

I know I could use zoom player as an external player, but would love to see this integrate into MP.
I also know I could use mkv files with embedded chapter info and that it has been requested for those to have chapter title support. However, many people struggle to get mkv files to play properly in MP, support for shapter titles in mkv isn't there yet, plus what about all the already encoded avi files... don't want to have to re-rip loads of DVDs...

Just a thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom