External Scheduling Interface (1 Viewer)

PoBear

Portal Pro
April 17, 2006
Northants, United Kingdom
Is there an interface to MP that will process a request to schedule a recording from an external source, and if so, where is is documented?

I am looking at writing an add-in from Digiguide to schedule recordings in MP (i have already done this for Windows Media Center), but have been unable to find any references to a suitable API. I assume it must exist as there are several MP plugins that perform a similar function.

Please note that it is not my intention to import the DG EPG data into MP but ti initiate the scheduling request from DG and pass the relevant information to the API.

Thanks

Steve

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
May 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
with goerschs gmps scheduling via tvinfo.de and klack.de is possible. other sites sould be quite easily implemented. that could be one way.
the other way would be to ask goersch for a hint.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
There's very little documentation (none :) ) of MP1.

I schedule recordings with my iPiMP addon - you can see the relevant code here. This code uses the internal MediaPortal program id to schedule a recording but the API can also create a schedule based on the TV program name, start time, etc...
Code:
TVDatabase.Schedule.New(ByVal idChannel As Integer, ByVal programName As String, ByVal startTime As Date, ByVal endTime As Date)

There is also the recent webservices interface which can provide this feature, but that would require you (and your users) to install that plugin on the MP client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom