external subtitles (.srt) on .avi files (1 Viewer)

mperezm77

Portal Member
August 24, 2009
Hello all,

I'm new in town :)

Some days ago my experience with mediaportat started (V.1.1.0.0). I've been able to configure everething, but I'm stuck with the subtitles for .avi files.
When I play an .avi file, I'm not able to choose from different subtitles files.

For example:
On my film folder (I have a folder for each different film) I have an .avi file named "film (2008) [Eng].avi" and two .srt files named "film (2008) [Eng].srt" (English subtitles) and "film (2008) [Esp].srt (Spanish subtitles).
The thing is that I'm only able to enable de subttile file named as the film file but not the other one. For that example, I'm no able to activate the spanish subtitles... :(

I would like to be able to choose from different subtitles files for a same .avi file. Is that posible?

Thanks!!

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello,

Yes, with mediaportal 1.0.2 I have been testing this:

[NAME OF THE MOVIE].srt => default subtitle
    [NAME OF THE MOVIE].spanish.srt => spanish subtitle

You need to put the subtitles in the same folder as the movie, the first one will be the default subtitle (for example the english one), the second one will be the alternative subtitle (the spanish one).

You can switch between them with the Audio keyboard shortcut (or the corresponding mapped button in the remote control).

I am using Haali media splitter with VSFilter flag set to yes, and configured on installation to split AVI, OGG, and TS files.

Best Regards,

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I use MePo 1.0.2 also with the MPC HC subtitle engine (this allows DXVA even for h.264 HD material, see forum about this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-development-no-feature-request-here-48/integration-mpc-hc-subtitles-engine-54130/) without problems.

You could merge the avis with the .srts as one .mkv and try that way (keyword MKVMerge), dont forget to install haali splitter!

If i were you I would stick to 1.0.2 and not use 1.1 untill the final is released, you can save yourself many troubles. 1.1 is still beta/test with bugs. And not use Win7, MePo 1.0.2 is not (perfectly) compatible with it.

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom