Extractnow plugin for Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
That s actually a great idea which is quite easy to do. I already use it with Meedio Services. The only problem with it is that it doenst close itself if no archive needs to be extracted. But do you know how to contact the author? Because it has not been updated for a long time.

Nokoff

Portal Member
September 1, 2007
I contacted him once a while back about that exact issue coincidentally! Also if errors are found during the extract it does not close itself. I asked him to include an option to force close at the end of extraction and he said he would look into it.

His email address is: [REMOVED BY SPRAGLEKNAS]

I said:

If any of the archives could not be extracted for any particular reason, it
aborts the usual "close on complete" behaviour

and he replied:

yea i had it doing that on purpose. i'll keep your suggestion open for the next version.
thanks,

I also automate extractnow on my pc in certain folders and the crude fix around it is simply to put in a delay and auto-close the process after a period of time :/

It pops up a message saying: There are currently no files to extract. We could always add a window watcher and just close it automatically when that message appears?

carmenm

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
France France
Yeah that might be a solution. I ll try to contact it and see if he is willing to send me the source.

tonyscha

Portal Pro
May 2, 2007
Iowa
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Older topic but I was thinking about doing something like this for RAR with 7zip... its open source so its free. I just have to figure out how to write the code.

Nokoff

Portal Member
September 1, 2007
Hey dude, i've already written sort of an extractnow that is working with rar and zip files. It's kind of crude but if you like i can share the source code with you and you can try and build on it or w/e.

Drop me a mail if you're interested. "my nick" @gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom