Extremely Unstable (1 Viewer)

jotty

Portal Member
January 5, 2007
Is it just my copy (on disc off of ebay) extremely unstable or is everyones? Im considering downloading it instead, When I go into My TV it just locks up and I have to end the program.

Also is there anyway to get TV into fullscreen? it works every now and again but I always lose it after a while.

Thanks for any help;)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    MP 0.2.2.0 + latest SVN it's very stable here.
    You have to tell which MP version you use & system specs + logs if you want someone to check whats wrong.

Regards
    Roy

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi
    MP version it's on the startup screen (to right) or you can find that in MediaPortal.log ("Installation path"\MediaPortal\log)

Regards
    Roy

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

please give some system specs (hardware / software). Take a look into your User CP of the forum.

Flip.

PS: Hopefully you did not pay to much on ebay since MP is absolutely FREE!

mpb

Portal Member
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I unfortunately have the same problem with latest (today's) SVN builds. Hate to vent this idea, cause I think very highly of MP, but seems the more features enter the more unstable it is getting. I'm sure though it will work out in the end (they are after all svn builds :) ). In my case when I use the tv-server, it either locks, is 30 seconds or more behind live and impossible to catch up. Tune to the wrong channels, has no sound... etc etc. When I use the 'normal' mode I very frequently get the problem that the tuner locks up (get the message tuner busy) and after that I can't even close down MP in the taskmanager anymore, it keeps XP from correctly shutting down and I have to hit the hardware reset to reboot. (had that all time time in the 2.2.0 stable build too actually) The last few builds I can't even tune correctly anymore.. neither normal or tv-server mode finds any programs/pids/pmt's during tuning. I have to resort to importing an old channel-backup, after that tuning does work, but still no scanning for new channels. I haven't had time yet to scan on the forum to see if my problems are unique or not.. so this post may be totally unnecessary :) (and for those who wonder, yes I did try a complete reinstall etc :) ). But as I said before, I'm sure those wrinkles will be ironed out soon.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    mpb, TV Server (TV Engine3) it's BETA & that it's stated everywhere & was a release to catch more bugs.
    MP 0.2.2.0 (with the classic TV Engine) doesn't have lots of new things that "break" it, the main goal with this version it's to fix bugs. Sometimes to fix huge bugs code has to be rewrite, which means new bugs can occur, but they get fixed pretty fast (se SVN changelog).....
    As stated before MP 0.2.2.0 + latest SVN it's stable here, no huge crashes..

Regards
    Roy

jotty

Portal Member
    January 5, 2007
    Woaa!! Thats bad on your MP, my old unstablr one did all that now I upgraded to 2.2.0 and it fine. just a little slow and for some reason it only lets me tune into digital (freeview) channels... when I try and tune into analouge I get "media portal cannot graph" or something, also when it goes to recognise my realtek card it comes up with a completely different tv card (witch I havent got, i think) calle tiger tek or something........ any help there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom