Not open for further replies.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This thread is created to hopefully answer some of the questions you could have regarding the MediaStream skin by pilehave.

Q: I see that there are two almost similar skins, StreamedMP and MediaStream? I'm confused? What should I choose?
    A: Both of them! And then take them for a test-drive. Although the look the same on the surface, they're different in both feel and look. They're both created for 1280 x 720 pixel resolution.

Q: Will MediaStream work on a 4:3 or 16:10 display?
    A: Yes, but it won't look pretty. The position of text and images will be skewed and the home-menu will look really weird.

Q: How can I change the background of the home-menu?
    A: The background is different for each of the menu-items in the menu-editor. You can use the pre-defined images listed in the menu-editor, or use your own by moving them to the "Media" folder in the "MediaStream" skin-folder. Then, when you edit a menu-item you have to enter the filename manually in the selectbox.

Q: How can I get "Plugin XX" to show as the default one when I open MediaPortal?
    A: Use the menu-editor to move the wanted plugin/window to the first position in the list.

Q: All I see when I use MediaStream as my skin is a black screen with labels like "#topitem3", #topitem2" and "#homeitem"
    A: Are you SURE you enabled the MediaStream process-plugin, AND configured the menu? By default there are no menu-items configured.

Q: I want to use the RSS-plugin to show weather and stuff, but all I see is "#condition" and "#rssfeed"
    A: Remember to enable AND configure the MP-RSS Ticker plugin. This is also in a process-plugin like MediaStream.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
    I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    I think there's a master table here http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MPEI/extensions.txt with a list of urls to all the plugin sources. Don't know exactly who has rights to change that
    I think there's a master table here http://install.team-mediaportal.com/MPEI/extensions.txt with a list of urls to all the plugin...
    I am attempting a virgin installation and configuration of MP1 v1.26 on a fresh installation on windows 8.1 Pro x64. When i try to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom