F.A.Q. for MediaStream

Discussion in 'MediaStream' started by pilehave, January 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilehave
    • Premium Supporter

pilehave Community Skin Designer

Technical consultant, marketing
    Ratings:
    +517 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    This thread is created to hopefully answer some of the questions you could have regarding the MediaStream skin by pilehave.

Q: I see that there are two almost similar skins, StreamedMP and MediaStream? I'm confused? What should I choose?
    A: Both of them! And then take them for a test-drive. Although the look the same on the surface, they're different in both feel and look. They're both created for 1280 x 720 pixel resolution.

Q: Will MediaStream work on a 4:3 or 16:10 display?
    A: Yes, but it won't look pretty. The position of text and images will be skewed and the home-menu will look really weird.

Q: How can I change the background of the home-menu?
    A: The background is different for each of the menu-items in the menu-editor. You can use the pre-defined images listed in the menu-editor, or use your own by moving them to the "Media" folder in the "MediaStream" skin-folder. Then, when you edit a menu-item you have to enter the filename manually in the selectbox.

Q: How can I get "Plugin XX" to show as the default one when I open MediaPortal?
    A: Use the menu-editor to move the wanted plugin/window to the first position in the list.

Q: All I see when I use MediaStream as my skin is a black screen with labels like "#topitem3", #topitem2" and "#homeitem"
    A: Are you SURE you enabled the MediaStream process-plugin, AND configured the menu? By default there are no menu-items configured.

Q: I want to use the RSS-plugin to show weather and stuff, but all I see is "#condition" and "#rssfeed"
    A: Remember to enable AND configure the MP-RSS Ticker plugin. This is also in a process-plugin like MediaStream.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!