F-Fwd TV stream on client - no preview. Just me? (1 Viewer)

smadger

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
TV-Server Version: svn 15898
MediaPortal Version: svn 15898
MediaPortal Skin: blue two wide
Windows Version: XP Professional
CPU Type: Core 2 Suo
HDD: 80G
Memory: 1G
Motherboard: Macmini
Motherboard Chipset: ?
Motherboard Bios: ?
Video Card: Intel 945GM
Video Card Driver: apple bootcamp
Sound Card: ?
Sound Card AC3: ?
Sound Card Driver: apple bootcamp
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi,

I have a server running TVE3 and the Mediaportal program and also a macmini running the client. When I fast forward recorded tv on the server, it works fine, and I can see a speeded up version of the programme as it forwards though it.

However, if I fast forward on the client machine, the image of the tv remains fixed at the point which I pressed ffwd. The progress bar on the OSD moves along as expected. When I press play, the programme picks up at the correct location and continues to play. If I want to reach a certain point in the programme, I have to guess where it is and press ffwd, play, repeatedly until I find it.

Does anyone else have this behaviour? If so, have they found a way around it?

I've tried a number of codecs, all the same effect.

If I play the file through the 'My Videos' section, it ffwds ok, showing the preview as the programme progresses. The client is reading the file over the LAN from a UNC in this case, not streaming.

:D in advance

smadger

Portal Member
October 12, 2006
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
No-one else sees this issue? Can someone confirm that they don't have the issue and that multi-seat ffwd shows a preview as it move through the recording?

I've put on last nights svns (16108) and it's still the same. Have also tried tsReader, but no difference.

teladog01

Portal Member
June 11, 2006
Just wanted to confirm this behavior. I am running svn from 10/9, both MP and TV3, and using TsReader. Rew and FF preview works on the server machine, but not on the network clients.

Can any devs confirm this is "normal" (but will hopefully soon be fixed)?

Or is this a problem with my specific setup?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nope have single seat setup with TVE3, tried every combi of codecs, but none will actually "show updated video" when going forward\backward in recorded TV.

Even disabled tsReader and no change, so this seems to be system wide.

ps. comskip works fine, but obviously that does not show video skipped anyway.

teladog01

Portal Member
    June 11, 2006
    Nope have single seat setup with TVE3

Paranoid, just to clarify...I DO get preview during seek in single seat. But on the remote network clients is where I do NOT get preview. Same exact setup as far as MP and codecs are concerned so that is not the issue for me. It is definitely an issue with multi seat clients for me.

UPDATE:

I just did a test with TV recordings played in My Videos. Preview works just fine in My Videos on remote network clients, on the exact same recordings that do NOT work in the TV client.

So this seems to be an issue with the TV client in multi seat setting.

mts

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also confirming this issue. I had posted the same thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom