F9 on MCE-Remote (1 Viewer)

merci1983

Portal Pro
November 13, 2004
Near Bremen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,

is there a chance to map the "F9" Key on an key i.e. "Eingabe" on the german mce-remote (it´s the European Version without the colored keys)?

Or is there another way to reach the context-menu with this remote?

Thx for your help
merci1983

thiskl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2005
    Perth, Western Australia
    Home Country
    MCE-Remote

merci1983 said:
    Hello,

is there a chance to map the "F9" Key on an key i.e. "Eingabe" on the german mce-remote (it´s the European Version without the colored keys)?

Or is there another way to reach the context-menu with this remote?

Thx for your help
    merci1983

I have an MCE remote that has the four coloured keys, but they're the last row of buttons at the bottom and not "intuitive" to use.

As an alternative, how does this sound?

When already in fullscreen My TV, pressing the "Live TV" button again would initiate the context menu for fullscreen TV.

When already in the TV Guide screen, pressing the "Guide" button again would initiate the context menu for tv guide.

Also, when choosing "Record Now", I have the option to record "This program", or "Until manual stop". How about including options for "30 Minutes", "60 Minutes", "120 Minutes", and "180 Minutes".

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Callifo said:
    The yellow button on these remotes is the equivalent of right clicking. It handles all the context menus.

Hey, thanks for the information, Callifo. I never worked that bit out.

Also, doesn't the "i" button on the MCE remote do the context menu things? If in TV guide pressing that brings up the "View this channel...etc" screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Blu ray UHD Menus DE
    Just wanted to add to the above that 4k uhd playback with PowerDVD 19 only works with specific hardware, you should check that out before purchasing.
    Just wanted to add to the above that 4k uhd playback with PowerDVD 19 only works with specific hardware, you should check that out...
    Hello, I write to you to understand if I could resolve my problem and to understand where is (if there is any) the issue...
    Replies
    Views
    Good work guys!
    Good work guys!
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.1 After the release of MediaPortal 2.2 Final the team focussed on improving usability and...
    Replies
    Views
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user requirements out of the box. Besides its TV and Radio services it is also offering a complete media management for movies, series and music, including posters, album and fan art as well as additional...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.2.3 MediaPortal 2.2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom