fade-out working but not fade-in (1 Viewer)

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Symphy (and everybody else:)).

in the "About" thread you wrote:

This player does not support:
    Crossfading

Does that include fade-in and fade-out when skipping and start/stop? Because when I enable "fade-in on stop, fade-out on start" it works, but only for fade out. Is this normal?
    I tested with very long (1000 ms) fading length to be sure, and it fades out when I skip and when I stop, but doesn't fade in when I start playing or after the fade-out when I skip.
    I would especially like fade-in because my receiver emits a small "click" when starting to play a sound because there is a slight delay between when the ATI starts sending the audio and when my receiver detects the format and starts playing and fading-in would probably get rid of the clicks.

Thanks for the help!

My system: XP SP3, MP 1.0.2, PureAudio 0.2.1, HDMI audio from Radeon 4650 with ATI driver 10.4, ASIO4ALL 2.10 Beta 1, Windows audio set to stereo speakers.

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Crossfading means mixing the end of one song with the beginning of the next and is indeed not supported.

Fade-in/out is supported, but the behaviour you describe is by design actually. Fade-in is only applied when resuming from pause and starting a webstream, because then you start somewhere in the middle of the music. When starting a track from the beginning, PureAudio does not apply fade-in, in order not to break the first notes of the music.

If the reciever produces the click, then a fade-in is probably not gonna fix that. What happens if you pause and resume?

el Filou

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Oh OK I can see the point it makes sense as you described it.

I gave up on fading entirely, I can live with the clicks. After further testing I think it's coming from ASIO4ALL and the way it interacts with the kernel buffers. No big deal, thanks for the explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom