Fadelabels cut off bottom of text (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    When using a fadelabel in 26pt font on 720x576 screen size, the text is fine, but if the fadelabel is displayed on a larger screen size, the bottom of the text is cut off (since the fonts are rescaled - I think 26pt becomes 46pt on my 1280x1024 screen).

The text displays fine in a standard label. It also displays perfectly until the label starts to scroll. You can see the 'J' in Benjamin is cut off in the attached screenshot (resized from 1280x1024).

This problem has also been reported in the new THEATRE skin by Nanogod https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...le-use-nice-view-67371/index3.html#post482975

Is there a limit on the height of fadelabels?

Attachments

• FadeLabels.jpg
      FadeLabels.jpg
      73.1 KB

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    In line 417 in GUIFadeLabel.cs in SVN, there is a hardcoded height of 60:

Code:
    float fHeight = 60;

I believe this value should be set to whatever height you specify in the font used. So, if your font is 72 in height, the fHeight should be 72 (edit: no, that won't fit, so it's probably recalculated somewhere).

If I change the value to 400 and recompile the label shows fine.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Pileave thanks for explaining and coming up with a solution. Any chance this can be 'fixed' in future version of MP? I noticed it's not on the roadmap anywhere I can see. I know our developers often limit things to keep performance as good as it is, so I hope that is not the case here!

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'll be happy to make a patch if someone knows what the change should look like. Or, if someone can provide a skin xml file that allows me to recreate the problem (along with a description of what you'd expect vs. the behavior) I can run through with the debugger, do some testing and submit a patch.

-Andy

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Andy! Here is a modified skin file for Blue3. All I did was increase the font on the Title above the DVD cover to 32 point so you can see the problem more clearly. To really see it, you have to display on a screen size of 1280x1024 or larger. Or, you can just increase the font size of any fadelabel in any skin file to see the same results.

As you will see the text displays correctly until it starts to scroll, then the bottom of the text is cut off. What I expect is that it should not cut off!

As Pileave reported above the problem is with the limit on the float fHeight on line 417 in GUIFadeLabel.cs but I am not sure what the best 'solution' is, or what impact it may have elsewhere if you change it.

Attachments

• myvideoTitle.xml
      30.6 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry for being a dolt, but how do I install the patch? I am not a developer/programmer and I rarely even use SVN versions as I don't have a separate test system.

Thanks for doing this! I know it only arises in rare cases, but still...

Do you want some more little fixes to do? I have a long list of minor and some major Skin related bugs! If you are interested, I can give you links to bugreports and improvement suggestions.

ajp8164

Portal Pro
    January 9, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry for being a dolt, but how do I install the patch? I am not a developer/programmer and I rarely even use SVN versions as I don't have a separate test system.

Thanks for doing this! I know it only arises in rare cases, but still...

Do you want some more little fixes to do? I have a long list of minor and some major Skin related bugs! If you are interested, I can give you links to bugreports and improvement suggestions.

You have to build a version of MP (that includes the source file patch) to get the change... If you can't do that then you'll have to wait until the next binary release is available.

I am making patches to MP because I am trying to port a skin I like from XMBC to MP and MP falls short in several areas. I really like the skin I am porting and I need to use MP because it has hardware support (DXVA) for HDTV and DVD playback. So, no, not looking for a series of bugs to fix... :sorry: Glad to fill in some of the holes though!

-Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom