[confirm] Fail to open RTSP file on Win7 1.1RC2 Client (1 Viewer)

jonesdb

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I did a clean install of MP1.1.0RC2 on a Win7 Client
The Client connects and reads the database etc., but when I try to start TV or play a recording TSReader shows the following error.
"TSReaderPlayer: Failed to open file:rtsp://192.168.1.67:554/stream2.0 :0x80004005" in the MP log and "Failed to get a SDP description from URL rtsp://192.168.1.67:554/stream2.0 Failed to read response: No error" in the TSReader log.
This may be some sort of configuration problem, but I don't think so as I had it working under MP1.1.0RC1.
It doesn't seem to be related to the RTSP sleep problem. Thanks for any suggestions. Logs are attached

jonesdb

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
Home Country
For the record, there was no indication of a problem in the server side logs. I cleared all logs this morning, server and client, restarted the server and then the client so I could capture clean logs. Recorded TV now works,( :eek: ) so must have been something about the server restart that cleared everything up. I have no explanation, as I had tried a server restart yesterday when the client wouldn't play recordings to no avail. That was when I decided to post this thread. Will continue to monitor and report back if problem returns. Sorry for diverting attention of the team for what appears to be some sort of anomaly.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Don't be too hard on your self, if you read through this section of the forum you will find that quite a few people are experiencing very similar errors with RTSP.

jonesdb

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
Home Country
I had noticed that there were several other postings before I posted my thread. Are you still having an issue with RTSP? (I saw your post earlier this morning).

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I seemed to have fixed most of my issues by using the StreamingServer.zip file provided in another post that had to do with this problem and resuming from standby, also deleting all MySQL databases and rebuilding also helped.

Just my two cents..

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I see, can you provide a link maybe? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom