Failed to upgrade the database (1 Viewer)

posterberg

Portal Member
November 24, 2005
Malmö
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
TV-Server Version: V1.0
MediaPortal Version: V1.0
MediaPortal Skin: none yet
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: P4
HDD: 200GB ATA
Memory: 3GB
Motherboard: Dunno
Video Card: Most simple AGP 32MB card there was to find
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: None
Sound Card AC3: No
Sound Card Driver: No
1. TV Card: Hauppauge 350
1. TV Card Type: Antenna analog
1. TV Card Driver: Latest official
2. TV Card: WinTV Nexus-S
2. TV Card Type: Satellite
2. TV Card Driver: Not installed yet
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Canal Digital

Installing my first dedicated TV-server, actually my first TV setup with Mediaportal since it became client/server.

I've just installed V1.0 of the TV server and wanted it to connect to my MySQL dedicated server.

1. Created an empty database named mediaportal, a user with the same name and a password.
2. Started the TV-server configuration tool entered the details and pressed the test button and it responded with "Successful" or something similar.
3. Hit the next button and it says "Failed to upgrade the database"
4. Tried to restart the configuration tool and I get the same error message.

This is a clean install so there shouldn't be any database to upgrade from, it is clean. I've just created the database on the sql-server, created the user and granted it all privileges including grant.

What's broken? Does someone also know which privileges that are needed? Would like to remove all but the necessary ones.

The nice little web page that pops up after install doesn't mention anything about that I have to manually create the database so I assume that MP will do this by itself the first time it starts.

Additional note, I can see on the sql server that a lot of tables have been created so that does at least seem to work. But I still get this error message...

These are the tables I have in my database.

"CanceledSchedule"
"Card"
"CardGroup"
"CardGroupMap"
"Channel"
"ChannelGroup"
"ChannelLinkageMap"
"ChannelMap"
"Conflict"
"DiSEqCMotor"
"Favorite"
"GroupMap"
"History"
"Keyword"
"KeywordMap"
"PersonalTVGuideMap"
"Program"
"RadioChannelGroup"
"RadioGroupMap"
"Recording"
"Satellite"
"Schedule"
"Server"
"Setting"
"Timespan"
"TuningDetail"
"TvMovieMapping"
"Version"

Ok, I've found the solution but it isn't a working solution...

I see that it wants to alter a table named card which is created as Card. Obviously a serious(!) bug... I also saw that it has been known about since RC3 so one would assume that it was corrected in V1.0... ;-)

I saw that your suggested solution is to set the DB to not be case sensitive. Well, it might help MP but it could very well cause problem for my other existing databases...

Full stop... :-( (I thought I would be safe if I just waited for the full V1.0)

Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom