Fairly n00b ish codec question! I think! (1 Viewer)

Paulo79

March 8, 2006
Hello everybody

I have a problem...I downloaded Media portal (v0.1.2 I think) to my PC, and it worked fine.
I then got greedy and installed PPlive which is a dubious program for streaming Premiership football on Saturday afternoons! This also worked fine apart from the horrendous lag which rendered it unwatchable! As soon as I had installed PPLive, Mediaportal stopped working, the channels were just blank. I uninstalled PPlive as it was useless anyway, but this had no affect, it appears I have altered my video codecs or something!

I am a bit of a technological cretin so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have removed and re installed Media Portal but to no avail!

I am also aware of the 'just deserts', karma type issues of watching football illegaly, but I was kind of hoping you would ignore that and help me anyway!

Yours hopefully!

wmrojer

Portal Member
November 19, 2005
Sweden
Easiest way to solve codec problems is often a complete windows reinstall. It's amazing how much stuff gets left there after uninstall. Sorry.

/Robert

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    You can use the graphedit program in the downloads section to open the media your having trouble with. You should be able to pinpoint there where the problem is (codec/video rendered/merit problems). It also lists all the installed codecs so you can see if any are missing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom