Fanart for MyVideos (1 Viewer)

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am not sure if i understand how it works for "MyVideos".
    Does Fanrt Handler look into the video database of MP or does it look for video files to extract the title and search the fanart in the internet....?

Can you plz explain?

KDP

Portal Member
    May 23, 2010
    I have been hoping to see an answer to this question as I too do not understand how the fanart for MyVideos works.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Regarding Fanart for the MyVideo's section, this was only recently introduced in the MP code by Deda, so fanart handler is not really involved as such, works same way as MovingPictures, gets fanart whilst scanning into database, so you do need to rescan if using a older db.

HTH

josch.hh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 29, 2008
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Fanart for MyVideos

Regarding Fanart for the MyVideo's section, this was only recently introduced in the MP code by Deda, so fanart handler is not really involved as such, works same way as MovingPictures, gets fanart whilst scanning into database, so you do need to rescan if using a older db.

HTH

ok, so the fanrt handler will use the video db to look for fanarts.
    The bad thing is that in the video db configuration a "auto update" feature is missing like in the music db settings.

Will there be someting like an auto update feature in the "updated" "my videos" section of MP?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Fanart Handler does not use the myVideo database at all. When you enter myVideo in MP and select a title FanartHandler tries to match the title with any fanart you already have in your;
    * Thumbs\Skin FanArt\movies (here you can put your own fanart for movies)
    * any fanart that TVSeries has downloaded.
    * any fanart that MovingPictures has downloaded.

FanartHandler does not scrape for movie fanart... myVideo, mesFilms, MovingPictures and TVSeries does.

cheers
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    restarting is supported but depends on the reason why it failed. As an external tool try JDownloader.org - Official Homepage
    Earlier this year I changed my internet service provider from a landline (where I was consistently overcharged), to a mains-powered...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after restart. If you go to an episode and open the options and pick choose artwork then choose episode thumbnail it shows the correct thumbnail and says it is remote. Click on it and it goes local instantly and...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    So not 100% sure if this is a MyTVSeries or FanArt issue, but the episode thumbnails always revert to the series default after...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom