Fanart Handler Plugin v2.3.1.531 (1 Viewer)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Introduction
    Fanart Handler is a plugin for MediaPortal (MP). The plugin basically supports;
    • Search and download music artist fanart or artist thumbnails (scrape) from the htbackdrops site (link).

[*]for all artists stored in your MP music database.
      [*]for any artist currently being played (on the fly).​
    • Push fanart that you store on your local harddrive to the current used MP skin.

[*]push fanart for now played music
      [*]push fanart for selected music or movie
      [*]push random images from selected folders​
    Scope
    The scope of this plugin is to;
    1. scrape htbackdrops site for music fanart for all artists stored in your MP music database.
    2. scrape htbackdrops site for music fanart for currently played artist.
    3. push music fanart for now played music track (artist images)
    4. push music fanart for browsed music artist in myMusic plugin
    5. push music fanart for browsed/played music artist in myMusicPlaylist plugin
    6. push music fanart for browsed music artist in GlobalSearch? plugin
    7. push music fanart for browsed music artist in Music Videos plugin
    8. push music fanart for browsed music artist in mVidsplugin
    9. push music fanart for browsed music artist in YouTube?.FM plugin
    10. push movie fanart for browsed video title in myVideo plugin
    11. push scorecenter fanart for browsed category in myScoreCenter plugin
    12. push cycling fanart from the following folders for use anywhere in a skin for

[*]thumbs\MovingPictures?\Backdrops\FullSize?
      [*]thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\games
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\movies
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\music
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\pictures
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\plugins
      [*]thumbs\Skin Fanart\tv​
    Guides
    Requirements
    • MediaPortal 1.2 or SVN version (MP1.1 users should still use the version 2.2.4.301, available here)
    • The Fanart Handler Plugin ;)
    • A skin that supports the Fanart Handler 2.3.
    NOTE1!This plugin only supports JPG images.

NOTE2! All handling of latest media for things like pictures, movies, music and such are now handled by a separate plugin and is removed from this plugin. Please see this link for information about the new Latest Media Handler plugin.

Installation
    Please read the installation guide (link).

Download for MediaPortal 1.1.x or 1.2 Alpha
    MP1.1 users should still use the version 2.2.4.301, available here.

Download for MediaPortal 1.2 or SVN versions
    Plugin for MP 1.2 or SVN versions is available here or using the MP Extension Installer Tool.

Report Issues
    Please use this issue list to report any issues related to this plugin (link).

Project Page
    Change Log
    Change Log is available here.

Thank you to everyone that has helped me testing the Beta versions and the Release Candidates. Without your help this plugin would never had reached version 1. Also a big thank you to the team behind Moving Picture for one of the greatest plugins for MediaPortal ever from wich I have reused a couple of util methods (yes, I got approval from fforde). And to team MP for the best Media Center ever;)

Best Regards
    cul8er

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Fanart Handler Plugin v2.3.0.521

Hi cul8er!

Big Thanks for the new version! One question (maybe a bug?): Was it your intention, that an already existing \Thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\music\default.jpg will be replaced while installation by the the one inside the the installer?

Best regards

Helios

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: Fanart Handler Plugin v2.3.0.521

Hi Helios61,

I can change it so that it respects if an existing image exists and keeps it. Thanks for reporting. New version with this will be posted soon. Never occurred to me that a user changed/replaced these images, sorry for that.

EDIT;
    Updated version now available (only change is that it will not try to replace the existing default.jpg's).

best regards
    cul8er

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Im using MP 1.2 SVN build (latest) with Fanart 2.3.0.521, but in previous versions i could check to use Proxy server, but in this version it's gone. is this by design?

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

hi cfforce,

Current version uses your default proxy settings (as defined in your internet browser), just like MP does.

best regards
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: Fanart Handler Plugin v2.3.0.522

Hi,

New version available with installer compatible with MP1.2 RC (cannot be used by MP1.1.x or MP1.2 Beta users).

Best Regards
    cul8er

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi cul8er

I am getting an error message (attached) since installing 2.3.0.522 in 1.2.0 RC. I am not sure it is an issue with Fanart Handler, because it occurs even if I disable FH. However, the error only appeared after I installed the latest version of FH, and it displays in all skins including the Default skin. It appears when I open any window that uses fanart handler (Music, Videos, Pictures), but not on and Basic Home not in ScoreCenter. Weird!

I confess, I was modifying some images (deleting some, copying in others) in Skin FanArt\UserDef\movies folder. Maybe I screwed up the database again? :(

fanarthandler.log does not report any errors but I attached it anyway along with FanartHandler.org in the rar file. Hope you can help.

Attachments

• FanartHandler.rar
      1 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

Hi cul8er

I am getting an error message (attached) since installing 2.3.0.522 in 1.2.0 RC. I am not sure it is an issue with Fanart Handler, because it occurs even if I disable FH. However, the error only appeared after I installed the latest version of FH, and it displays in all skins including the Default skin. It appears when I open any window that uses fanart handler (Music, Videos, Pictures), but not on and Basic Home not in ScoreCenter. Weird!

I confess, I was modifying some images (deleting some, copying in others) in Skin FanArt\UserDef\movies folder. Maybe I screwed up the database again? :(

fanarthandler.log does not report any errors but I attached it anyway along with FanartHandler.org in the rar file. Hope you can help.

Hi Dadeo ,
    probly somting you did ...:) no error log her with MP 1.2.0 RC, and new FH 2.3.0.522 ...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi cul8er just to let you know, I gave up trying to solve the error and did a clean install of 1.2.0 RC and it is gone, even with fanart handler and main plugins installed. So I don't know what was causing the issue, but it was not Fanart Handler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom