Fanart Handler Plugin v4.0.X.000 (3 Viewers)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    \thumbs\Music\Genre\
    This is not a separate category, so it makes no sense. It's just another one search. If the tag actor or genre prescribe any nonsense, and with such a name to put a picture, this picture will be displayed when playing this file.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

I have the following two issues with fanart handler.
    Not sure if this is how it should work.

Configuration:
    MP 1.10 with Titan
    Fanart handler 4.0.0.152
    I'm using fanart handler for myVideo to show backdrops from files in movie folder directly and not from database.
    I'm also using myVideo without database in share view with nfo files placed in movie folder.

Issues:
    when moving the cursor in share view from one movie to another the backdrop is not changed immediately
    but only when the "Show Each Fanart Image For" number of seconds has elapsed (see screenshot).
    Seems that moving the cursor in this context does not trigger a change.

screenshot.png

When you only have one backdrop for a movie it is redrawn every "Show Each Fanart Image For" number of seconds
    which looks ugly as there is some kind of fade-over applied.

Is this the desired behavour or is there any thing else wrong?

Thanks

grubi

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Seems that moving the cursor in this context does not trigger a change.
    Causes, but most likely media portal does not give the right movie. Or at current file name, media portal, can not give the correct ID.

Is this the desired behavour or is there any thing else wrong?
    I did not notice this, if one backdrop it all the time and displayed.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine

Attachments

• FanartHandler.4.0.0.175.Debug.zip
      371.6 KB

volumia

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    whereever my feet take me...
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi guys,

Very happy to see you guys picked up this marvel plug-in and brought it back to life. Grateful for great stuff!!
    Every now and again I tap in to see what's new and take the beta's for a spin and with the latest version I may have found a glitch.

Just curious to know if there's some sort of download limit on the latest Fanart Handler?
    I came from version 4.0.0.152 en moved to 4.0.0.174 (clean setup, so no existing fanart, databases and config files). Ever since, it will run a full scrape or update, but cuts out after downloading say 1.000 fanarts.
    The actual scrape will continue without GUI error, but no fanart gets downloaded. The log file will say "no internet connection available".
    Taking the personal API key out did not help by the way.

For now I've reverted to version 152 and all is fine again, but maybe it's info you could use.

So far, thanks for the hard work!

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The log file will say "no internet connection available".
    Media portal, tells the plugin that there is no connection to the Internet. Plugin tells you about it.

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When you only have one backdrop for a movie it is redrawn every "Show Each Fanart Image For" number of seconds
    Try this[DOUBLEPOST=1422267489][/DOUBLEPOST]
    when moving the cursor in share view from one movie to another the backdrop is not changed immediately
    Give me Debug log from FanartHandler.4.0.0.175.Debug.zip

Did not find anything useful in the logs.
    Maybe I did anything wrong?

EDIT: Ok looks better this time.
    Seems that debug setting did not stick the first time

Last edited:

volumia

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2011
    whereever my feet take me...
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The log file will say "no internet connection available".
    Media portal, tells the plugin that there is no connection to the Internet. Plugin tells you about it.

Hi ajs.

As I am trying to wrap my head around this, could you please try and explain that to me?
    You will have to take my word for it that in both occasions the internet connection was working just fine. First thing I double-checked.

Only difference was the version of Fanart Handler and thats why I thought it could be useful information to you being the developer.
    How would MePo make the distinction and be ok with one version (downloading 10.000+ fanart in one go) and tell another version that there is no connection after 1.000?
    Is there a different approach to the way the data is downloaded and maybe causing some sort of "flood" somewhere?

If it helps, I do not mind to try and reproduce this for you and share all the log files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom