cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi bleazle, this is me again :rolleyes:

I configured fanart for the first time, all is ok, fanarts i get are either 1280x720 or 1920x1080 then 16/9 compliant, great...
    But, on the screen they seem to be streched horizontally. I can see there is black bars at the top an botton of the screen (that is normal, to dislay name, date and so on). But then do you crop the picture or do you shrink it vertically ? (and this could explain that the picture seems to be horizontlly streched !)

Another thing disturbing abot fanart (but not sure this is related to your skin) : when reading musique if i go to menu video or music, where usually bleazle skin backdrops are cycling, i only get the background... i just have to stop the music and then going on this menu will display bleazle backgrops back ! Any idea ?

Thanks for your help !

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...But, on the screen they seem to be streched horizontally. I can see there is black bars at the top an botton of the screen (that is normal, to dislay name, date and so on). But then do you crop the picture or do you shrink it vertically ? (and this could explain that the picture seems to be horizontlly streched !)...

The fanart isn't cropped (good guess though), it's "squashed". To view the fanart "properly" the positioning/sizing should be coded as follows:

<posX>0</posX>
    <posY>0</posY>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>

The thing is I don't want "BleazleWide" to be a fanart skin per se I just happen to like fanart on certain screens (if that makes sense). But on those screens there are other things I want to see + I want to maintain the "look" of the skin, hence the black lines at the top and bottom of the screen - I don't want fullscreen fanart on those screens. Which gave me two options - either show the picture as per the above code (but then all artists would have their heads and feet "cut off" by the overlay) or "squash the fanart so that it can be seen - that's the option I went with (and to tell the truth I don't really notice the "squashed" effect on my setups)

I won't be changing this so if you want to change the look on your local version change the following dimensions in the common.window.backdrop.xml file:

<posX>0</posX>
    <posY>85</posY>
    <texture>#films_backdrop</texture>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>580</height>

NOTE: the <texture> changes depending on what it is refering to so it's best to search for this to find all of the instances you'll need to change:

<width>1280</width>
    <height>580</height>

++ There are a few screens that do have fullscreen fanart such as TVSeries, MovingPictures, + Showtimes & MyFilms (support for both of these has been updated on my local copy - they don't work on the current release) etc but that's basically because I think these plugins suit that look plus in the case of TVSeries & MovingPictures it makes it easier for me to support the plugins.

...Another thing disturbing abot fanart (but not sure this is related to your skin) : when reading musique if i go to menu video or music, where usually bleazle skin backdrops are cycling, i only get the background... i just have to stop the music and then going on this menu will display bleazle backgrops back ! Any idea ?

Not sure what's going on there - I'll have a look and see if it's a skin issue or something else...

Bleazle

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : fanart horizontaly streched

Many tx !
    I'm very sensitive to squashed effect, i know that other people are not as distrub as be by such thinks !

Another solution is possible : having black bars on side to keep aspet ratio... no sure that will look fine !

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: Re : fanart horizontaly streched

...Another thing disturbing abot fanart (but not sure this is related to your skin) : when reading musique if i go to menu video or music, where usually bleazle skin backdrops are cycling, i only get the background... i just have to stop the music and then going on this menu will display bleazle backgrops back ! Any idea ?...

I've just had a look at this using the aMPed skin (which also uses default fanart) and the same thing happens so it looks like this is a MP (or possibly Fanart plugin?) issue. Maybe you could post your question over on the Fanart plugin thread (mention that it also happens when using the aMPed skin too) and see if there's an answer...

Many tx !
    I'm very sensitive to squashed effect, i know that other people are not as distrub as be by such thinks !

Another solution is possible : having black bars on side to keep aspet ratio... no sure that will look fine !

Yeah, I don't think that would look too good :eek: Try the attached files (common.window.backdrop.xml + put Fanart_overlay.png in the Media folder) and see what you think - make a backup of the existing files because I haven't tested this extensively (I know it effects the "Now Playing" screen for example but I can sort that out later)

In the screenshots below you'll see that I have "faded out" the slide in menu background - this is skinwide for the next release.

Bleazle

Attachments

• list.jpg
      list.jpg
      90.8 KB
    • slide.jpg
      slide.jpg
      77.5 KB
    • Fanart_overlay.png
      Fanart_overlay.png
      13.1 KB
    • common.window.backdrop.xml