Fanart Issues with Some, But Not All Menu Items (1 Viewer)

DGalt

Portal Pro
November 23, 2010
I'm not real sure what's going on here....fanart works fine for some things (MP-TVSeries, Moving Pictures, Settings, News, Weather), but not for others (Pandora plugin, Online Videos plugin, Netflix plugin). Instead there is just a black screen when I select them.

Currently running MP 1.2.0 Alpha with newest version of StreamedMP and fanart handler. Don't think it matters, but system is win 7 x64

I've attached log files (I think they're the ones you guys want....not entirely sure, so if you need something else please let me know).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Please attach your usermenuprofile.xml located in:
    Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\

Also please attach a zip file of all logs files directly after reproducing the problem.

DGalt

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2010
    Sorry, whole log attached now (was posting from mac before, and it wouldn't let me for some reason).

I've played around with it some more and the issue seems to be specific to certain options. So, for example, I can enable fanart handler and choose fanart base property "tv" for something like the MyWebVideos plugin and it'll give me back some pictures (well, really only 1 picture), but if I choose base property "movie" I get the black screen where a picture should be. If I don't enable fanart handler and just choose one of the default pictures those also all work.

I don't really know what that means....maybe it's just user error on my part.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

• usermenuprofile.xml
      17.2 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Well according to your usermenuprofile, the movie base property depends on your images in your Skin Fanart\userdef\movie folder. Are there any images in there?

I still cant check what version of fanart handler your running since you did not attach a mediaportal log after reproducing the issue. Log files are pretty much empty. You need to ensure your running v2.2.3 (this comes with the installer).

1. Load MediaPortal
    2. Select items on basichome to reproduce your issue
    3. Close Mediaportal
    4. Attach logs.

DGalt

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2010
    Attempt number 3 at log files (not sure what I'm doing wrong).

And there is 1 image file in that directory.

Also, version of FanartHandler is 2.2.3.197

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Attempt number 3 at log files (not sure what I'm doing wrong).

And there is 1 image file in that directory.

Also, version of FanartHandler is 2.2.3.197

Hi DGalt,

I am pretty sure your issue is that you have not have any files in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin Fanart\UserDef\movies.

The way this now works with FH 2.2.3 is that for the movie option FH will look in one of two locations dependant of the if you selected Userdef or Scraper in the editor.

FH has been redesigned to fit in with the new MyVideos, this writes it's fanart to C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin Fanart\Scraper\Movies but as you are not using MyVideos (from what I can see) I would doubt you have any fanart for FH to display.

Please check the UseDef\Movies folder and if no images here then copy some in.

I just tested this using your usermenuprofile as a base and it works - It takes a while for FH to read and cache the new files before displaying them so when you initially check after copying files in it will still appear black (took about a min here) - an MP restart may be a quicker way or importing the usedef fanart via the FH config.

Hope that helps

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yep, I can confirm fanart displayed no problem after generating homescreen with your usermenuprofile.xml.

So must be fanart handler issue on your side, either no fanart or problem with the plugin. By default it should have atleast one image in each userdef directory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom