joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Started on: 2009-09-14
last update: 2009-09-14

Summary:

Some MP skins are fanart oriented, such as streamedMP. The fanart loading is done by ways of a multiimage. When having too many images inside one of these multiimage paths MP will run out of memory since they are not discarded from memory when they are not displayed (but have been displayed)

Area:

Skin wide but most of the skins use fanart implemented like this only on homescreens.

Description:

I would like to see some solution for this problem. I already requested a plugin to be written, see here. A solution in MP core would be more ideal though.

What I eventually would like to see adressed;
- No more running out of memory. Discarding images when not displayed and maybe when memory usages crosses a certain boundary (so most of the images stay in memory for quick access by MP)
- Preloading the next image so that when the image changes you don't have to wait for the image to load before MP becomes responsive again (which is a short delay but nevertheless a little annoying)

Some more discussion on this topic can be found here.

:D in advance! If you need me to provide anymore details (my first feature request in this subform, excuse me for making mistakes) please don't hesitate to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom