Fast possibility to switch Audio Output device (1 Viewer)

dakky

Portal Pro
June 17, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Started on: 2008-07-23
last update: 2008-07-23

Summary: Fast possibility to switch Audio Output device

Area: TV, radio, movie, etc

Description:

Hello

i think a useful feature for mediaportal might be a faster way to change the used audio device an restart the movie/stream/mp3/whatever.
ATM the only way I know is to go for example to "settings -> My Movies -> select audio device" and then restart the movie (in case i started it before) and resume at the last position.

the background is, that 50% of the time i use the hdmi digital out device. but the other 50% i am in need of better sound, so i use my 5.1 receiver which is the digital out device. and alway switching the device in the "long way" is really annoying.

i could imagine a feature, which allows me, to cycle the different devices with one button on the remote or in the context menu of the movie/mp/whatever

;)

greetz
dakky

ps: forgive my humble english ;)

Monchi

Portal Pro
January 7, 2008
hi dakky, im looking for right the same feature.

perhaps one skilled programmer will be so nice to code a tiny plugin for realising this.:D

alpinestars

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AudioOutputDeviceSwitch

Hi,

I "developed" a workaround with an autohotkey script and compiled it to aods.exe ("AudioOutputDeviceSwitch") :)

This script will
    1) end mediaportal if it's running
    2) switch the audio output device by using the sound control window
    3) start mediaportal if it ran before

You can switch to the audio output device by pressing "Win"+"1", "Win"+"2" etc., look at the screenshot

It supports Windows Vista 32 and 64 (German version), my tests are successfull. I also included a support of Windows XP, but could not test it on XP.

BTW: I'm not a delevoper ...

alpinestars

Attachments

• aods.jpg
      aods.jpg
      69.8 KB

dakky

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Awesome! Thank u very much. I'll give this piece of software a try as soon as i am @ home

Dakky

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom